need paint supplies for the raffle rig

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
among other things like front bumper, lockers, gears...but we need paint soon so we can get it to oleg...here's the list

chrombase dupont
primer 2k 1gal and hardener
sealer - grey, ready to spray large
gallon of paint (i have good match panels to take to paint supply store) 1 gal
basemaker for paint 1 gal
clearcoat 1 gal and hardener

we need someone to get this stuff donated. vehicle has to be show ready by march, so we're quickly running out of time. it will take oleg (and us) a while to get the bodywork cleaned up and painted, so the sooner we get the supplies, the better.

that said, i'll try to put the new fuel tank in this weekend, if anyone's bored, come on over.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
We need to call multiple places. I will call finishmaster sometime next week. Can you post up what organization the rig is for? I like to have my facts straight before I call.

Can someone also volunteer to make a call. If each of us call one place, we can find someone for sure.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
colorado association of four wheel drive clubs, inc

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
kinda slow at work today, so i called finishmasters and denver car color...they will not donate paint supplies. anyone know of anyplace that might?

Ige,

It is a long shot but a guy I know is a distributor for the largest finishing company in the world. I can never remember the name it sounds Japanese. Anyway, he owes me a gallon of paint for a trade on a tire. Crazy story! I'll see if I can get a hold of him. Does it have to be DuPont stuff? This is good quality stuff when I asked the local body man about it he said it was as good as DuPont and better than PPG but it was really expensive. The other plus is that this guy is originally from Colorado and he is a wheeler. I'll email him tonight as soon as I get home from work and see what he can do for you. Akzo Noble Sikkens is the name of the company. I'm working on it.

Last edited:
Oh and I'll also talk to Doug at Batch's Rod Shop today. I know he has done some airbrush work using PPG paint and PPG has paid for the paint if you include their logo in the paint job somehow. My fellow clubmate just painted his Powerstroke with PPG and then had him airbrush a jack in the box devil looking thing on the tailgate with the PPG logo on the box. They paid for all of his supplies.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I have reached out to a sherwin williams contact, but It is not looking good.

j

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
dupont was what oleg specified, i'll check with him on other stuff, as i don't know how much it would affect anything.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Ige,

Just a reminder, can you send me some pics and measurments of the rear of the cruiser. The more the better. Send them to buffethat@comcast.net please

The PPG takes too long to do. The Sikkens guy is interested. I need to know who would need to contact about getting it to you. Unfortunately I don't have any ins with DuPont people.

Eric V.

Anyone know if the Sikkens will work? I need to get back to this guy ASAP. He travels a lot for his work.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I just talked to Oleg. He says Sikkens is good stuff. His only recommendation was that if we do Sikkens, it would be best to do all Sikkens, including Primer, clear coat, etc.

I've got the deal on the paint. I'm still trying to get a deal on the other stuff. I'm all of a sudden getting a feeling it isn't going to all work out. I forwarded him the list above for needs. If he was still in Idaho or even Colorado it would be much easier. But they go by territories and he's in Oregon now and they are in a different territory. And shipping this stuff is a big PITA as it is all hazardous. He's trying to get it local for you guys. I'm going to be sorry I said anything if it doesn't come through. I guess it is better to try an fail than not try at all.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
can't we just take this out of club funds as it's providing to be a tough sell to our coatings professional friends?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
can't we just take this out of club funds as it's providing to be a tough sell to our coatings professional friends?

it's quite a lot of money...probably be around 700-800 bones

Beater

Hard Core 4+
how often do we build a vehicle? I am SURE we would have better luck at getting it at cost vs free.

Last edited:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I am not in favor of spending club funds. What about the Coloprado association

wesintl

RS Moderator
last I heard we had like 14k. how often do we build a vehicle? I am SURE we would have better luck at getting it at cost vs free.

The club is supposed to provide the man hours needed to build the truck. The donations are supposed to come from else where.

Let keep info about club funds (Which is incorrect BTW) private in the members only section.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
I am not in favor of spending club funds. What about the Coloprado association

we blew most of the association budget on the long range tank

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Who donated paint for the raffle vehicles from previous years? Do we have some contacts?