• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

My turn: Emissions

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Thats a random drop shipping site someone created that uses an existing distribution network and warehouse system as "their inventory". It's pretty easy to do and I'm sure the creator/owner is just unaware/doesn't care of our state requirements.
Correct, but it’s only a matter of time before they can’t like the other sites.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
@LARGEONE i should have let you get your hands on the cat to check it out when you swung by the other night. My bad. It was cold. Haha.

Fitment is pretty solid guys. I would definitely order it again if need be.

Just replacing the spark plugs now, gonna check timing, reset the ECU, add some more alcohol to the gas, and drive it to work all week hoping for the best next Saturday when I can go test again
C2B7A09A-124D-42C3-A9C8-C8E5857D91E2.jpeg
379B6F6C-E91B-4321-9AE1-1A50323AC461.jpeg

AdamKFarmer

Hard Core 4+
I replaced my entire system, magnaflow front and rear cars, all Toyota cat-back, new O2 and it passed. Fitment was spot on

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Checked Timing and was still perfect at 3*btdc with the port jumped at operating temp and in neutral..confirmed by the scan guage as well. Added 4-bottles of red heet to a full and fresh tank of 85. New spark plugs, front cat, front O2 sensor, air filter. Reset the ecu and drove around 170miles all week to get ready status.

Went for the recheck Saturday morning. Failed, but barely. CO was 15.6, so I definitely made some headway in reducing the CO from 17 on the previous test. I figured since I wouldnt be able to get parts or retest within the 10day time period that id try cleaning the MAF. So I went back around noon..Now failed 2 gases. but IAT was around 130* I suppose that would make sense why the HC's went up to a failing level and nox reduced.
It wasnt all negative though, my gas cap passed both tests. The same one that was 'previously failing'.

Now I'm replacing the second cat, rear O2 sensor(I held off on swapping it out because I was worried about breaking off the studs and having to drop the slee belly skid), vacuum lines, and intake pipe. I'm also considering testing the FPR even though I feel like its fine.
IMG_9836.jpg
IMG_9840.jpg

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Checked Timing and was still perfect at 3*btdc with the port jumped at operating temp and in neutral..confirmed by the scan guage as well. Added 4-bottles of red heet to a full and fresh tank of 85. New spark plugs, front cat, front O2 sensor, air filter. Reset the ecu and drove around 170miles all week to get ready status.

Went for the recheck Saturday morning. Failed, but barely. CO was 15.6, so I definitely made some headway in reducing the CO from 17 on the previous test. I figured since I wouldnt be able to get parts or retest within the 10day time period that id try cleaning the MAF. So I went back around noon..Now failed 2 gases. but IAT was around 130* I suppose that would make sense why the HC's went up to a failing level and nox reduced.
It wasnt all negative though, my gas cap passed both tests. The same one that was 'previously failing'.

Now I'm replacing the second cat, rear O2 sensor(I held off on swapping it out because I was worried about breaking off the studs and having to drop the slee belly skid), vacuum lines, and intake pipe. I'm also considering testing the FPR even though I feel like its fine.
View attachment 114851View attachment 114852
so close!

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Alrighty Success! Passed on the 6th try..I actually passed on my 5th try, but the gas cap failed again. whatever, I just replaced it with a cheap one from Advanced.

Im really thinking having replaced both cats and the o2 sensors is what got me to pass. Im also really shocked at how low the numbers are compared to my first test..especially when the truck seems to run exactly the same.
IMG_0273.jpg