Mobile Ham antenna configs

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Thanks Dave. I think you'll pass the exam. :D

I have only a soft top and a bikini. I'm still tossing around a few ideas.

Chris

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Thanks Dave. I think you'll pass the exam.
Guess what I happen to reading through this weekend? EM fields... I skipped over the math part of the review book (there aren't many straight-up math problems in the practice exam) and the next section happens to be fields. You were just lucky and got to be on the receiving end of some E-field and H-field stuff I wanted to commit to memory.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Guess what I happen to reading through this weekend? EM fields... I skipped over the math part of the review book (there aren't many straight-up math problems in the practice exam) and the next section happens to be fields. You were just lucky and got to be on the receiving end of some E-field and H-field stuff I wanted to commit to memory.

DaveInDenver=
ufo.gif

Shorty

Thanks Dave. I think you'll pass the exam. :D

I have only a soft top and a bikini. I'm still tossing around a few ideas.

Chris

I'm in the same boat as far as trying to mount an antenna on a 40 that has either a soft top or bikini top. What did you end up going with?

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I'm in the same boat as far as trying to mount an antenna on a 40 that has either a soft top or bikini top. What did you end up going with?

I cheated, kind of. I put it on the spare tire carrier. Jim B. welded me on a small platform on the swing arm that's a perfect spot for the antenna(s). :D

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Chris,

Can you post a picture? I would like Jim to do something similar on the tire carrier he is building me.

Cheers,

Jeff

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Can you post a picture? I would like Jim to do something similar on the tire carrier he is building me.

When I can. My cruiser is at an un-disclosed location getting some work done, at the moment. :( If you tell Jim you want something like what he did for me he'll know what you're talking about. :D