Moab Trail learning weekend

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Ken - That is large (RTT?) but I should have room in my 80 so long as my dogs can crawl all over it and I don't have to get it till Sunday. I suppose I could strap it to my factory roof rack too. But if anyone in our group has a pickup ....

To the group: Camping Restrictions for the Moab Area (with a detailed 4MB PDF map to download) are found at :
http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/...mpgrounds.html

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I have no dogs so I can out it in my 80. :)

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
I plan on driving out Thursday. I don't make very good time in the old 'runner.

I'll try to have the truck prepped Wednesday night, but realistically, It'll be mid-morning when I finally get rollin'.

Primitive camping is PERFECT for me. I really could use some e-free time. (no computers)

I'm up for any trail out there, any day. No worries.

I'll watch here for news tomorrow.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Guys, it is an oasis RTT

It's suppose to be about 40 lbs

here is what it looks like packed up.

I gave Troy the link so hopefully he will chime in here when he knows what he is doing.

Gotta love cruiser karma

OasisG1.gif

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
no worries Romer, should be no problem.

Tim Buchannon call me. My numbers are on a PM to you. Have left two cell phone messages on the number from your CM registration.

Greg, I will call as soon as I get the boy put to bed.

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Sounds good. I remember those days. Hope you have a good story for him.
________
Bondage Tits

Last edited:
It's an easy package to pick up. Very light weight. It could be attached to factory roof racks very easy. Has a few u bolts with it that would clip to factory rack. Ladder comes with it, light and pretty thin. I threw them in my 80 without any problem.

Still need to check a couple more things before it's official but it looks like I may be down Friday night. I haven't looked back in the thread but I imagine somewhere towards the beginning it will tell me where and when you meet each morning. I'll probably be camping. heck, I have a RTT:D

troy

I looked and didn't find the where and when. Can someone point me to it. I'd rather not carry the RTT while wheeling so if whoever it taking it back to denver has a camp spot or hotel I could meet at to leave there that would be good too.

troy

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Looks like I will be going, as of now. I plan on flat towing the 4Runner behind my truck and sleeping in the back of the 4runner with one of our Golden's.

Ken I can carry your RTT in my truck and it is will fit in the cab store it while wheeling. Not sure if it will fit in the back of truck bed, short bed. One way or another I would think somebody in our group can take care of it.

Gregg, so far I am a go. That can change on Thursday afternoon so I will have to leave late Thursday evening or early Friday morning 2:00 am.

Can you please tell me and the others what the plan is for Friday morning? Meeting place/camping area. Time we leave for the first trail please.

I so hope I can go, I need a break from work in the worst way.............Fingers crossed!!!!

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
PS maybe a phone list for contacting once underway on Friday.

Mine is 303-829-0703

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
At this point in time we will meet at the Moab Diner on the south end of downtown at 7:00 am on Friday Morning. On Saturday morning it will be either that or McDonalds at the same time.
________
SINGAPORE RECIPES

Last edited:

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
We will be running trails as soon as we finish breakfast. Local on Friday and possibly EHill on Sat. We'll see.
________
Voyeur college

Last edited:

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Sounds good, we'll see what time I get there. Hopefully it will all work out. I will let you know ASAP.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
If I come I can bring some. Anybody interested in a generator? I have a smalish one I can bring LMK ASAP so I can pack it.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
If I come I can bring some. Anybody interested in a generator? I have a smalish one I can bring LMK ASAP so I can pack it.

Wood = Great
Generator = I have 400Watt inverter built in if anyone needs to charge phones, batteries or run a laptop.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Here is another idea - for the drive home Sunday drive to Dewey Bridge, ford the Dolores river (currently at 2-300 CFS, a low flow, should be driveable) and take dirt roads all the way to grand junction. I have wanted to do this a long time but at Cruise Moab time the water is too high (1500 CFS). We could also camp up that way Saturday night for a headstart. Any takers? It would be an adventure!!

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I will grab firewood also.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I am now leaving this afternoon!!!! Hopefully I can find everyone tonight...