Moab Trail learning weekend

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Man, I would love to go, but traveling this month is out. 3 work trips already in the works.

I do however, want to help in any way possible, so count me in for the classes/clinics.

Drew

It looks as though I can be there also. Keep me informed on when everyone is leaving and where to stay. I will probably bring my Taco, so as to not have to trailer.
G

Last edited:

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
I have the Friday off so things are looking up. Now I just have to see if it will work out with all the other things going on. Most likely I will arrive late Thursday / early Friday morning. I would be driving the 4Runner up and maybe sleeping in the back of it. Greg I will let you know ASAP if I will be there.

Jethro

Me too

Cheeseman,
I can come. I need to get out of the house anyway. I'll be alone in the 80 if anybody needs a ride.

Jethro

I will bring additional :beer:

wesintl

RS Moderator
now i'm 2x as bummed I can't go.

I have family in town. Otherwise I'd love to test out the turbo. Have fun all.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
now i'm 2x as bummed I can't go.

x2

Too much going on this close to CM and with Rubithon this year vacation time is at an all time premium...

I know this won't help for CM08 but what is the likelihood of having more of these later this year in prep for CM09? It is a distinct possibility I will be solo for CM09 as my daughter's school is going off the track system an onto a traditional schedule. It worked out that she has been off track during CM :D - now with the traditional schedule she won't be :(. Anyway, if this truly happens it will mean I will have more time to devote to helping out at CM09 without the family duties.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
So is this the list of everyone going?
cheeseman
timmbuck2
crash
waggoner5
jethro
leiniesred

When is everyone leaving? Where are we camping?

etc etc

T

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
I be coming along as well. I am taking care of the kids this weekend and doing a bunch of house related stuff. So I can go and play next weekend.

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Well it looks to be a bit cool for next weekend currently. Highs in the mid 40's and below freezing at night. Well I will post a bit more on wed morning to see what they forecast. One forecast even predicts snow friday night for saturday morning. Any way it pans out, it will be a bit cool for the weekend we will be there. Pack some warm cloths.

Looking forward to being out in Utah.

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Yep, I do remember one night that my bag was a bit on the light side, now if we did not camp in a river bottom, we may of been OK.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Unless work gets to crazy - me and the dogs are in! :cheers:

1. Anyone driving out Friday morning? I'm going to the Billy Joel concert Thursday night.

2. Has a camping spot been picked? I'd vote for some primitive camping - maybe up towards Kane Creek - unless folks already have picked the place.

3. A plan to meet up mid-day Friday (and swapping cell phone number) would be great if possible. If you guys do a run at 8 that should finish around lunchtime.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
not sure if I am driving out thursday night or friday morning yet...
primitive is cool with me...and if it is too cold I will just sleep in my 80. :)

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
i am still on the fence about this trip. I would be driving the 4Runner out so it will be a slow drive up and back.

Sleeping would be in the back of my truck, no big deal but..............

If I leave Friday early AM what will I be missing? I could drive out Thursday PM and sleep somewhere in Moab unless somebody has a camping spot for me.

This all depends on how work goes this week.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Trails will be muddy. They just got 8 inches last week. We lucked out with weather this past weekend.

Have fun:beer:

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Looks like we're camping the whole weekend. That should be fun. I am working on those particulars right now. Will be calling all of you tonight or you can call me from my PM's to you. If I can talk to all of us tonight I can figure out exactly what we will do. That is until we get there and decide something else. As of right now, Myself, Robbie, Gary and Bruce Westlund are going out Thursday.
________
Creamy Orgasm

Last edited:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Troy Demill (Live Rust)the President of Wasatch Cruisers and our trail leader for Hole in the rock may run down to Moab this weekend.

On a selfish note: If he does run down he will be bringing a package 61" x 43" x 9.5"tall.

Could someone bring it back for me? If so how would he meet up with you?