Moab Trail learning weekend

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Looks like I will be heading out around 3-5 tonight. If I can't find anybody I will spend the night in the parking lot of the hotel next to Slick Rock.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
in moab. not sure if I'll be able to find y'all

I made it to town. I'll keep an eye out for you guys.

Otherwise, I'll see you in the morning at mcDonalds.

For those who haven't left yet, It looks like I'm going to be heading down late with Romer's tent. probably won't be there till 10:30. I have a couple cell phone numbers of people who have offered help. I'll give you a call when I get close. My cell number is 801-641-4340

look forward to seeing you. have a safe trip down and wheeling Friday.

Last edited:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Troy, I owe you one and who ever hauls it back for me as well.

You owe me more than you know. I was trying to move the tent the other day to reach something in my garage and jammed my toe with it. I'm going to loose the nail on my big toe!:bawl:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Troy for hauling my tent to Moab and thanks guys for bringing it home to me.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I hope these guys make it back ok with the weather. If anyone hears anything post up.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
x2

Looking at the radar the storm appears to be more of a Front Range storm with the mountains being relatively clear...Might be an awesome day up in the mountains for skiing :D

Hopefully that means the folks have a relatively easy drive home for 90% of it :thumb:

I hurt my back on Friday so mid day Saturday I came home. The weather looked questionable for Sunday at best. I have tried to call Greg, but go no answer.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Rockrunner left early, I left camp at 9:30, the boys were still doing some winch training. Traffic and weather was great until Vail...lots of snow and ice...then a burning mini-van shut I70 down for awhile. Then ski traffic and more snow. Took 6 1/2 hours but I made it home ok...have not heard from anyone else yet.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
I made it home without incident.
Last time I called cheeseman and powderpig, they were in glenwood springs. about 45 minutes behind me.

I'll get some images up in a report thread.

Last edited:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Glad you guys made it back.

Based on the description I got, should I assume Tom was kind enough to haul my tent back?

By the way, the guy that dropped it off is Troy Demill (Live Rust) pres of Wasatch and our trail leader for hole in the rock. A real nice guy.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
I did make it back OK around 3:30 yesterday afternoon, just in time to slip into my hockey gear and play two games back to back. To say that I am tired today is an understatement, I came into work two hours late.:(

The drive was a challenge at times while going up and down the passes. Not having the steering wheel tied down made all the difference in the world, I may not buy a diesel after all.:D After Floyd hill traffic came to a stop again due to an accident in the west bound lanes near Cabrini shrine, actually about a mile or two east of there I think.

Coming home after hockey was fine until I got to my house, not a plow insight and about 10" of snow.:mad: I had to put the truck in 4WD to get up the little hill and to our driveway. I needed to turn the truck around and while doing so jackknifed it causing it to break my tail light and something in the tail gate so I can not open it right now.:mad::mad::mad:

Nearly 800 miles and not a mishap till I get 50 feet from the house, to say I was PO is an understatement. I think the whole neighborhood heard me scream some profanities after I saw the damage.:(:mad:

Ken, your tent is in the back of my truck save and sound. Problem is since I can not open the tailgate I can not get anything out. I need to look at it later today and see how I can open it up with out cutting the tonneau cover and or wrecking the tailgate anymore.

Send me you phone number and then we can work out the details. I live in Roxborough, not to far from you.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Tom, I'm in Boston drinking a Sam's sitting in a Hotel Bar. Won't be back till wednesday am, you coming to the meeting this week?

If not I can meet you for lunch and I'm buying

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Cheeseman and I made it back fairly easy, I left the front drive shaft out and we motored along just fine. I took Cheeseman home and I finally made it home around 8. I did have to drop the drive shaft in for the drive up the home road. But it was a great drive with very little problems with the roads or traffic createing too much of a slow down. all and all a very great weekend. The weather held just fine. Thanks to all for attending and allow Greg and I to have a fun weekend. Later Robbie

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Robbie and Greg,
Relieved to hear that you scragglers made it home! Had to put the driveshaft back on to make it up "The Hill", did you? Maybe the new tires on the Saab will still leave a little to be desired on our next trio up!!
Wish I'd have been in Moab with youse guys. Sounds like a memorable trip.
:cheers:

Cheeseman and I made it back fairly easy, I left the front drive shaft out and we motored along just fine. I took Cheeseman home and I finally made it home around 8. I did have to drop the drive shaft in for the drive up the home road. But it was a great drive with very little problems with the roads or traffic createing too much of a slow down. all and all a very great weekend. The weather held just fine. Thanks to all for attending and allow Greg and I to have a fun weekend. Later Robbie