• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Moab october 14-16 2021

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
FYI, weatherman says it's going to become unsettled 'round here for a few days, best chances for rain are Wed thru Friday overnight. Supposed to be clearing Saturday in Moab but still rainy here in GJ probably. Should still be nice enough temps still - upper 40s at night, mid 60s, low 70s during the day.

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Next week after Wednesday is looking good, just a little chilly during the night. By the way, dogs are welcomed as long as they are friendly.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Looks like we are in! Excited to brush snow off the truck Wednesday morning to head to the desert.

Amber does have to work remotely on Friday from 9 to 2. Will probably drop her off at a coffee shop in town as she will need internet. We might skip out that day depending on scheduling.

Any of the Moab locals have good thoughts on any good trails to run in the area? Looking for a 20ish mile loop ideally.

We will be bringing our dog, Talisker along with a bottle of his namesake to battle the cold evenings. @Beach Boy thanks for all the hospitality, looking forward to meeting you.

In terms of trails all of those look good to me. I would also love to try Top of the World, but we are down for anything.

What is the plan for meals? Are we just doing one group meal and then solo the rest of the time? Going to be a busy week at work so planning to get everything together this weekend.

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Looks like we are in! Excited to brush snow off the truck Wednesday morning to head to the desert.

Amber does have to work remotely on Friday from 9 to 2. Will probably drop her off at a coffee shop in town as she will need internet. We might skip out that day depending on scheduling.

Any of the Moab locals have good thoughts on any good trails to run in the area? Looking for a 20ish mile loop ideally.

We will be bringing our dog, Talisker along with a bottle of his namesake to battle the cold evenings. @Beach Boy thanks for all the hospitality, looking forward to meeting you.

In terms of trails all of those look good to me. I would also love to try Top of the World, but we are down for anything.

What is the plan for meals? Are we just doing one group meal and then solo the rest of the time? Going to be a busy week at work so planning to get everything together this weekend.
Amber is welcomed to use my internet if she would like to stay here instead of in town.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee

I have placed an order from blu pig and awaiting on confirmation and final price. Should be around $25 per person, will post up when I get word back. This would be for Friday night. Otherwise Plan on individual meals.

Sorry for delays on these details but blu pig has been slow to respond and I have been busy prepping for the trip

Telly

Rising Sun Member
My plan is to leave Monument early Thursday afternoon and arrive at Brian's house before dark. I'm going to try like heck to finish the lift install and fuel pump replacement in my 87 FJ60 this weekend and hopefully drive it out. I'll be with my wife and plan to hike Arches Loop and Delicate Arch trails. Might hike Canyonlands too. Just a reminder that I was there last year driving a black FJ Cruiser.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
I'm not gonna make it guys, timing is wrong for an extended weekend for me. Have a great time and I'll see ya at the next meeting.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
For Thursday trail day

9am Meet up at lions park parking lot.

Lions Park

We can group up from there, figure out what trail we are doing (seems like poison spider) and convoy to the trailhead to air down. We will be in the ugly black 80.

GMRS 22. We have loaner radios if needed.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and having a good time!😀

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Found out this morning that my company trip shifted to later in the week so unfortunately I'm not going to make this one. I got my 60 ready to go over the weekend too...dammit!

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Me and PhatFJ are heading out early tomorrow morning, Tue. Should be at Beach Boys place sometime in the afternoon, so heads up Brian. See all of you going, there.
I will not bring the Casita however, camp will be platform or Tent.
Again appreciate very much Brians kindness.

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Me and PhatFJ are heading out early tomorrow morning, Tue. Should be at Beach Boys place sometime in the afternoon, so heads up Brian. See all of you going, there.
I will not bring the Casita however, camp will be platform or Tent.
Again appreciate very much Brians kindness.
We will be getting rain all day on Tuesday, clearing Wednesday, so plan on setting up in the rain.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Sitting at work on a Monday is better knowing you will be waking up in the desert in 72hrs. :beer2:

For all of those folks departing Denver on Wednesday afternoon what time will you be heading out / rolling through Silverthorne area?

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
For the Moab bound. If you don't want to haul your camp stove with you, my pit fireplace has a large cooking grill over the top and I have a gas grill for use and of course the kitchen.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Sitting at work on a Monday is better knowing you will be waking up in the desert in 72hrs. :beer2:

For all of those folks departing Denver on Wednesday afternoon what time will you be heading out / rolling through Silverthorne area?
We are still not sure what time we will be rolling out yet. Most likely leaving Lakewood 3-4pm range

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
We've been here for my nephew's wedding since Friday, and I don't think I've ever seen town this crowded. We waited 30 minutes for dinner last night, at 8:00 on a Monday. I took the wedding party wheeling yesterday, and Hells Revenge was mobbed. I'd never seen it like that.

@Beach Boy , is there something going on this week, or is this just what normal has become?

Mark

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
We've been here for my nephew's wedding since Friday, and I don't think I've ever seen town this crowded. We waited 30 minutes for dinner last night, at 8:00 on a Monday. I took the wedding party wheeling yesterday, and Hells Revenge was mobbed. I'd never seen it like that.

@Beach Boy , is there something going on this week, or is this just what normal has become?

Mark

Moab 240 is this week but I don't think that draws a huge crowd.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru

It's become normal but it does seems like the Texas, California, Denver and SLC zombie hordes have been milling about the past couple of weeks to make it extra special busy. The contingency plan to hit lesser known places has been activated.