• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Moab october 14-16 2021

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey all,
How about some Moab in October?

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, @Yarn Runner and I had to back out of an awesome canyonlands trip and that left us with a need for a dose of that fantastic place.

@Beach Boy has generously offered us to stay in his yard again so we have that going for us.

Plan so far is leave denver weds afternoon and roll into moab late evening. Have some fun Thursday, Friday, Saturday and head home Sunday.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Last edited:

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
Man! I'm visiting my parents that weekend! Bet you have some fun trails planned...

Sad to miss out.

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I was thinking of going out there that weekend as it happens. I'll be riding the bike primarily, though. So if you're interested in mixing it up let me know.
Still welcomed to stay at my house.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Sounds great! Wish I could make it…stupid work.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I may be headed there already that weekend, if my 100 gets fixed by then...will pencil this in! :)

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Dates are locked in, we'll be headed out Wed the 13th, and back on Sat. Sara starts a new gig the following Monday.
Now I have to start tracing down those new clunks and raddles from Bill Moore Lake.. Back end's probably going to need some love as well.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee

Telly

Rising Sun Member
Not sure what I'll be driving or when I'll arrive. Doubt I'll have the 87 FJ60 ready by then (OME heavy lift and fuel pump install). I plan to bring my wife and she's not much into wheeling. Soooo, we might just take her GX470 and hit some bike trails and hikes around the area and hang with you all in the evenings. I know that's lame not hitting the trails but it would still be good times hanging with the boss lady for a few days. I'll firm up my plan next week.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Having seriously strong considerations heading out there and join you all. Likely will bring my little Casita along but properly staying at dispersed site though. Not 100% but close, hope that would be ok. Any Ideas of trails ....?

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Having seriously strong considerations heading out there and join you all. Likely will bring my little Casita along but properly staying at dispersed site though. Not 100% but close, hope that would be ok. Any Ideas of trails ....?
You could park your Casita way on the side of the yard, kinda dispersed.

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
I could join up with you but my 80 still has a blown motor so I would have the "jeep". Understand if it would be too embarrassing for you all though...

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I could join up with you but my 80 still has a blown motor so I would have the "jeep". Understand if it would be too embarrassing for you all though...
I operate with a "run what you brung" policy. Jeeps are welcome as long as they don't have angry eye grills or have hood stickers that say "Starbucks warrior" or something similar😉

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Great. Will you be deciding the trails and times and posting on here?
I have some trail ideas I will post up soon. Open for suggestions. Seems like we will have a 33" tire size average/rear locker for the group so far so keep that in mind for trail selection

ChevyKeith

Rising Sun Member
I run the trails a lot... Willing to answer questions.

I love Poison Spider but totally open to whatever trails you are doing.