• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Moab Memories

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Wasn't that the trip where James Asti left with only one tape in the truck and drove all the way out from VA? 2000?

In 2000, I also had a radio accident. I was doing my Ivan Man Iron Stuart impersonation on the High Speed Mesa. I was doing about 50 and had to stop suddenly. The red powder filled my cab including that little slit where the CD goes in. The rest of the trip all we could listen to was Knockin on Heaven's Door by GnR. The radio wouldn't even work. So we'd drive an hour listen to it and then turn it off for an hour. It was a long trip home.

I'll scan some of my old photos tonight.

Hahahahaha....I totally forgot about that! That was also the year that Marlin delivered Henry Brimmers Mini truck. Many stories from that incident and all ended up with side hurting laughter! Good times for sure! :lmao:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
No, Marlin delivered Henry's truck in 2001. That was my first CM and I was there for that. On Saturday, I saw Henry drive his new truck up Double Whammy on the Spike (he made it look easy).

Henry had brought out a nice FJ45 truck to the event. Since Marlin showed up with Henry's new mini truck, Henry let someone else drive his FJ45 truck. Whoever it was crunched it pretty bad on Double Whammy. :(

I was running the Spike with the official CM group, which was led by Cheese Man. Henry was wheelin' with the Authority guys on Rusty Nail. We hit the Double Whammy at the same time as those guys, so we just stopped and watched them for 30 minutes. First and only time I've seen Captain Crunch wheel in person.

Whatever happened with those Authority guys? Never hear about that group anymore.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I first met Greg McNeil at CM 2000 (aka CM2k at the time). He was camped next to me, and I recognized his rig from Henry's 1999 Calendar.

Attachments

• wed4.jpg
    wed4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 170

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Footnote to the above: When I broke EVERYTHING in 2002, I was told that a high-pinion V6 8" front diff would fit my HZJ75's front. The 'Thority had diffs that would fit, but they were all 5:29 and I had the stock 4:11.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
No, Marlin delivered Henry's truck in 2001. That was my first CM and I was there for that. On Saturday, I saw Henry drive his new truck up Double Whammy on the Spike (he made it look easy).

Henry had brought out a nice FJ45 truck to the event. Since Marlin showed up with Henry's new mini truck, Henry let someone else drive his FJ45 truck. Whoever it was crunched it pretty bad on Double Whammy. :(

I was running the Spike with the official CM group, which was led by Cheese Man. Henry was wheelin' with the Authority guys on Rusty Nail. We hit the Double Whammy at the same time as those guys, so we just stopped and watched them for 30 minutes. First and only time I've seen Captain Crunch wheel in person.

Whatever happened with those Authority guys? Never hear about that group anymore.

Crunch is full out buggy now (heard he's doing a high dollar moon buggy for this year), Davis has the LT1 powered 62 and his blue mini truck still, Sparky still has his georgeous Maroon mini but it has some fancy tubework (he was at the Rally), Jim (Junkyard Dog) got devorced and sold Yota Yard....not sure if he's still wheeling, JT is into buggies full time since he got out of the military and has a shop south of C.Springs. "Authority" lives on! Remember...."your not really wheelin' unless your wheelin' with AUTHORITY!" :thumb: :)

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
The yellow 40, was that Tweety? I think that's me top-center in this one. Wish I could find the negative of the pic I'm taking of you. I was real happy with the way it turned out. Didn't I blow it up and give it to you?

Attachments

• kev.jpg
    kev.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 167

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
That was the first and only time I have been on Prichett Canyon. It was my first Moab and I chickened out and road with Stonewell Jackson. We had a blast. That was my first Birfield as well on Dilley's just before that pool thing which is just before Rocker knocker. Uncle Ben flipped over in that pool. Got him out just in time to watch Chris Hatfield conquer Rocker Knocker. Then just around the corner I watched the launch of Kevin on Rock Pile. Then after that was over we tried to keep up with him on the way out. What a blast of a day. Moab. I'm trying to figure which of those past girlfriends it is better than.
________
DIGITAL VAPORIZERS

Last edited:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
All of 'em.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I dug up the last ten Cruise Moab designs. Did we have one for '98? If anyone has it, email it to me and I'll add it.

Attachments

• CM07ten.jpg
    CM07ten.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 141

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I dug up the last ten Cruise Moab designs. Did we have one for '98? If anyone has it, email it to me and I'll add it.

Dangit! I just purged some old files and stuff off my main computer and there was a final CM'98 t-shirt design .jpg in it. I'll see what I can dig up.

Last edited:

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
The one in 98 was just the Riging sun Logo on a grey t-shirt.
I won one at the Christmas party that year.
I will try to loacte it so you can scan it.
I still like the 99' t-shirt the best! That may be becuse it was my first CM..

I would like to see the Authority boys back in moab. They used to lead Pritchett for us every year. They are ALWAS entertaining to watch. Capt Crunch is like a mad genious of wheeling... Always pushing the limits and experimenting with new lines with total disregard to convential wisdom and the laws of physics....

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
The yellow 40, was that Tweety? I think that's me top-center in this one. Wish I could find the negative of the pic I'm taking of you. I was real happy with the way it turned out. Didn't I blow it up and give it to you?

Chris,
Sorry, I missed this post before. No, that's not Tweety. Look closer. I don't believe I got a blow up or it would be on my garage wall. That was a fun year! That was also the last year Park Owens came to Moab. Sure miss that guy around in the Cruiser camps! :(

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Jim (Junkyard Dog) got devorced and sold Yota Yard....not sure if he's still wheeling, \:)
i heard the ex wife got it in the divorce...she still has it. he's got a small lot over by the denver impound lot where he's parting toys still...that's where i got the tranny/xfer for clampy.

arthog

Hard Core 4+
Dangit! I just purged some old files and stuff off my main computer and there was a final CM'08 t-shirt design .jpg in it. I'll see what I can dig up.

You have the final design for 2008? now thats planing ahead. here is the shirt I did for the unofficial cruis moab. I think '97. It had a different front

Attachments

• golden-crack.jpg
    golden-crack.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 155

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
I just got from a weekend of camping and snowcaving up at treeline with my scout troop and I saw these posts on t-shirts. I still have mine from '98. So mike if you want to scan it for your photo reportoire (spelling) I'll get it to you. I think I have a shirt from all the official cruise moabs. Not that means anything in the history of the world but it is fun to look back.
________
Og Kush Marijuana

Last edited:

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
My '98 shirt is well worn, a couple of holes and soem stains but it is still around. Not picture perfect but a memory none the less.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I looked at the 1st ten thread. Cheesman, Millers, and Dave Hartman have been to all ten?

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Boy I've wheeled with all of us, these, them what ever you want to say. What great folks to know. And we all lead trails to help this event become the greatest. Cool feeling. Again it just proves to me what great dedicated indulging people we work and play with in this club and the wheeling world.
________
Ship Sale

Last edited:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I looked at the 1st ten thread. Cheeseman, Millers, and Dave Hartman have been to all ten?

And I think Dave Brown and Chris Hatfield too.

Dave Hartman won't be able to make it this year.