• UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO FORECAST OF RAIN: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Moab Memories

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Boy I've wheeled with all of us, these, them what ever you want to say. What great folks to know. And we all lead trails to help this event become the greatest. Cool feeling. Again it just proves to me what great dedicated indulging people we work and play with in this club and the wheeling world.

I'll never forget the first time I meet you. Airing down to start Hells Reveng, and here comes the classis Cheeseman. Think you had the whole group checking in on me. Even Alan was checking in. Also meet Neil on the same run. Good first impresions:hill:

To bad about Hartman not coming out. Now who am I going to hang out with during the hot rod show:confused:

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
The year Moab got a lot of rain, the hot tubs on Hell's Revenge had about two feet of water in them. This made for an interesting drive out of the hot tub. That year, Jim from the Yota Yard was driving his 4runner with the top off. Jim took a weird line coming out of the water, rolled the runner, and dumped the cooler, lunch, gear, etc, into the water. He yelled at his kids, who were running along side the truck, like Jim's dogs, to jump into the water and retrieve the gear which was now floating in the water. A few of the many spectators managed to roll Jim back onto his wheels.

On that same trail, we had Jim, JT, Captain Crunch, and Brian Price (upnover). These guys decided it would be fun to drive into the last hot tub, the one no one ever seems to be able to drive out of. Although they never did drive out of that hot tub, using gearing and skillful driving, they all backed out of the tub without a strap or a winch. What a Kodak moment.

Cheeseman may have to correct me, but wasn't it Phil from Lake Tahoe in his cammo FJ40 who repaired a broken birfield on the approach to the hot tubs in 20 minutes? It may have been Dan Dilley, but in either case, I think the 20minute record for an on the trail birfield replacement still stands today.

If anyone ever has a chance to wheel with these guys, or any of the awesome drivers in the RS club, go for it. You sure can learn a lot just by watching what they do and how they do it.

Moab is all about the people who attend, the friendships that are made, and the excitement about seeing that a good friend you haven't seen for a year will be wheeling with you at this year's Cruise Moab.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
To bad about Hartman not coming out. Now who am I going to hang out with during the hot rod show:confused:

I'm not going to be wheeling, but I'm planning on being there. :cool:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Cheeseman may have to correct me, but wasn't it Phil from Lake Tahoe in his cammo FJ40 who repaired a broken birfield on the approach to the hot tubs in 20 minutes? It may have been Dan Dilley, but in either case, I think the 20minute record for an on the trail birfield replacement still stands today.

20 minutes is smokin'! Watley and I did the Birf the white 60 of the Venezualans on Spike in 23 minutes flat. We were screaming and had my on- board air spinning the impact wrench. We did get slowed because the inner axle seal was blown and the trunion cavity was full of thick black goo which took time and care to clean up without spilling onto the slickrock. Watley did the work while I handed him each tool, rags and parts as he needed them. And yes, we did replace the inner seal with a fresh one! :) even though we didn't break the record we gave a show to our friends from the south they will never forget! :thumb:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
The year Moab got a lot of rain, the hot tubs on Hell's Revenge had about two feet of water in them. This made for an interesting drive out of the hot tub. That year, Jim from the Yota Yard was driving his 4runner with the top off. Jim took a weird line coming out of the water, rolled the runner, and dumped the cooler, lunch, gear, etc, into the water. He yelled at his kids, who were running along side the truck, like Jim's dogs, to jump into the water and retrieve the gear which was now floating in the water. A few of the many spectators managed to roll Jim back onto his wheels.

Boy, do I remember that! That was the funniest thing ever! Watching those guys roll that runner and then look at their kids like they stole something while yelling at them that they "better get in there and get that stuff or they were walking back to town" was frikin hillarious! I still chuckle to this day thinking about it!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: