• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Moab Carnage

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Here is a good description of where this happened ....

The trip to our lunch stop took us on a section of trail called "High-speed Mesa" which is a flat expanse of sandy dirt road. I guess it gets its name from the fact that those tackling the "Golden Spike" trail drive like hell to quickly get to the fun obstacles of that trail.

....taken from this article.... :rolleyes: Not really hard to understand .....bored, ported, polished, balanced and supercharged 1FZ being controled by old senile fat man, leaving ground by unexpected berm, landing drivers wheel first on second unexpected berm go boom! Any questions? :rolleyes: :kevin: :birf: :rip:
Are there pictures of where this carnage took place? I'm having a hard time imagining how you managed to do this. I've been a subscriber to the theory that if you stuck to 35s you'd be pretty safe on even stock birfs if they were in good shape.

I have a set of hubs in my stash that I really don't have for sale but if you can't scrounge some up locally let me know.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Not really hard to understand .....bored, ported, polished, balanced and supercharged 1FZ being controled by old senile fat man, leaving ground by unexpected berm, landing drivers wheel first on second unexpected berm go boom! Any questions? :rolleyes: :kevin: :birf: :rip:

:bowdown: :lmao: :eek: :D

Anyone get a video? That would be sweet!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Well I'm glad :kevin: didn't :flop:, that's more than even :robbie: can fix...

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Other than a cracked frame which Peter Straub graciously welded up with Marc Ritchie's onboard welder (steering, who needs stinking steering?!?!?!?) my other issue was a rear bumpette bent to almost match the other one. Left side, Steelbender Cruise Moab 2000, right side Hell's Revenge Cruise Moab 2007. Priceless.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I just posted the Chili in Potholes video. I also posted Uncle Ben being dragged over Golden Spike. You can hear the "snap, crackle, pop" of his rig!!! I also got Squishy's very squishy mini on Golden Spike up.

Chili on Potholes

Rice Crispy on Golden Spike

Squishy on Golden Spike
BODAGGIT!!!
Dadgum blocked YouTube at work.....
Can anyone open, save as, and send them to me (zipped, pls)? w_morgan at sprynet dot com. If you can, let the board know so I don't end up with 500M of the same thing over and over.:lmao:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Bill,

I didn't think you could save/dl YouTube videos? :dunno:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
It was sad seeing Uncle Ben's rig in that condition, having to get strapped across the Crack. :(

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I have to agree! On the other hand I was definitely due! Ya gotta have issues once in a while so you respect the fact that nature is stronger than machine! It has been quite a while since I was at the tight end of a strap (snow not included)....I deserved every inch of it! Now that thats over and after my fresh hardware shows up in the brown truck hopefully I will be the other end of the strap again for a long time! :bowdown: :birf: :kevin: :thumb:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I went ahead and sent you the potholes vid via yousendit.com (ftp site) since it is so big. I will send Squishy's vid via email.
Thanks, man! Great pothole vid, nicely edited. Really underscores UB's flawless spotting.

Kevin, yer gonna have a bulletproof 'minitruck' front diff when you are done I bet. Quick healing to Rice Krispies!