Metalworking Advice Needed

Beater

Hard Core 4+
filler = welding wire

drive a few more blocks to general air, at 8th and I25. They will know what you are talking about when ask: do you have a .023 wire for sheet metal work that will leave a flatter bead in low amp conditions?

used to be call "easy grind" by esab I haven't used it in a while

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
John, I'm gonna have to get with you on some fender mods I'm considering. Sheetmetal owns my arse.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
John, I'm gonna have to get with you on some fender mods I'm considering. Sheetmetal owns my arse.

I think it owns everyone.. Fitment is critical. I had over 20 hours into a scupture that I was making out of 20ga stainless, around 20 feet of bead in all, that I had to put in the recycling.

That was 2 bottles of argon (120cuft), and a pack of rod down the tubes, plus my time. Frustrating doesn't quite get it.

However, with proper clamping/jigging, it's a breeze with low amperage, you just need to learn how to use that tig! It's freehand that sucks

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
filler = welding wire

drive a few more blocks to general air, at 8th and I25. They will know what you are talking about when ask: do you have a .023 wire for sheet metal work that will leave a flatter bead in low amp conditions?

used to be call "easy grind" by esab I haven't used it in a while
Cool. I go to General all the time when I get my CO2 tank filled.