Official Club Run Kingston Peak Trail Run PART 2 July 15

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Just got to town. Where are we meeting?

OlGreyMare

New-ish
Missed the start but I think I caught you all driving down fall river. Some great views can't wait to get to the high altitude when it opens mid-month. Was thinking of doing a combo trip up and over and to Rollins pass and needle's tunnel.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
For those that missed it we hit a closed gate and had to turn around so we're going again this Saturday the 15th! Looking forward to it!
Thanks Jimmy, it looks like good weather and I think it's gonna be fun!

WVU fan

Rising Sun Member
just noticed these from All Trails site pics. @damon
1689265890120.png

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee

wlucero

Rock Stacker
Count us in again (possibly in the Tacoma vs 4Runner this time :), depending if son gets back from camping in time for the run). BTW, I may be in need of Post-run Air Up Assistance if he doesn't make it, as he's got my compressor. I may grab a Harbor Freight one tonight (to use then return), as a Plan B.

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
@FireMike

Not to add to any confusion but just saw a post from another 4x4 group about Kingston and Loch Lomond having a delayed opening. That it won't be the 15th. See if you can confirm.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1689350384086.jpg
    FB_IMG_1689350384086.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 54
  • FB_IMG_1689350380398.jpg
    FB_IMG_1689350380398.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 56

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
@FireMike

Not to add to any confusion but just saw a post from another 4x4 group about Kingston and Loch Lomond having a delayed opening. That it won't be the 15th. See if you can confirm.
You do realize that he is working hand-in-hand with the people who literally open the gates, right?

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
You do realize that he is working hand-in-hand with the people who literally open the gates, right?
Yes I am aware. However communication with the forest service isn't always fast or timely. Hence last Saturday and why we ended up doing Bill Moore Lake instead of Kingston. Maybe you need a snickers bar this morning?

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Yes I am aware. However communication with the forest service isn't always fast or timely. Hence last Saturday and why we ended up doing Bill Moore Lake instead of Kingston. Maybe you need a snickers bar this morning?
I have always been more of a PayDay kind of guy.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
So yes Brandi we are aware of the possible delayed opening of the trail. I have been in constant conversations with both ranger Districts all week and today. The plan is to all meet at the CCRD office and convoy up to the gate, go through and they will close the gate behind until we have a clear trail to open. This is why it will be great if we can get as many trucks to drive through the snow and break it up as possible. The temps are higher now so it'll melt quicker. They will decide when to open the gates to the public after tomorrow, possibly Sunday. I will be meeting the BRD in Tolland and driving them up from the Boulder side in my truck as they're Jeep isn't equipped to do it. We will meet up with the group on the trail. They think most of the snow is on the top past the CCRD gate. It's gonna be an adventure not to be missed...

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
So yes Brandi we are aware of the possible delayed opening of the trail. I have been in constant conversations with both ranger Districts all week and today. The plan is to all meet at the CCRD office and convoy up to the gate, go through and they will close the gate behind until we have a clear trail to open. This is why it will be great if we can get as many trucks to drive through the snow and break it up as possible. The temps are higher now so it'll melt quicker. They will decide when to open the gates to the public after tomorrow, possibly Sunday. I will be meeting the BRD in Tolland and driving them up from the Boulder side in my truck as they're Jeep isn't equipped to do it. We will meet up with the group on the trail. They think most of the snow is on the top past the CCRD gate. It's gonna be an adventure not to be missed...
Sounds like a great day. Sorry we will miss this one. Dom loves driving through the snow.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm in, thanks for all your coordination efforts Mike!!!

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
This sounds awesome, unfortunately we are out. Stupid out of town work trip early Sun…