Official Club Run Kingston Peak Trail Run PART 2 July 15

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Kingston Peak Trail clean up and run is here! Hey all, Last weekend didn't workout for this trail, so we're doing it this coming Saturday July 15th. We will be meeting with the Clear Creek Ranger District at their office in Idaho Springs at 0830, do the usual meet and greet, required paper work, waivers Ect. and plan to convoy to the Alice trail head where we will air down and head up. Sounds like mostly trash clean up and simple stuff like that, not much need in power tools yet. The plan is to head over to the Boulder side, somewhere along the way we will meet up with the Boulder Ranger District rangers, I have confirmed with both Ranger Districts this morning, 7/10/23 that this is a definite GO! I'll be leading and hopefully the weather will cooperate, It should be a great day to do some giving back to the trails we love and enjoying our wonderful community we all share!

- Meet at CCRD - 101 CO-103, Idaho Springs, CO 80452
- Time - 0830
- FRS-GMRS- Channel 22
- Ham - Channel 146.460

PS. There's good camping on the Boulder side if ya want to stay over Saturday night.

Last edited:

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We will be out of town, have fun!

hitchhiker

Rising Sun Member
I’ll be there!

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
I'll join in on this. Might even be able to fit in some alpine fishing that day too which will be fun.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We are in. Should be a nice day

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
Kristy and I should be there.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Thank you all for coming along, it should be a good day and I don't think we'll be trying to do to much work, mostly a little trash cleanup and checking for future work needed. This is one of our adopted trails so it's really good if we just do our best, no big expectations.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Has anyone been up there lately? With all the snow I wonder if that washed out section we repaired last year is back. I also plan on being there with a shovel just in case.

Cruiserman

Wincher
Just cuz I've never been there, is the Ranger office in Idaho springs located at 101 west Chicago Creek Road?

Eyepain

Rising Sun Member
I'll be there as well. Are we getting pre-opening access? Trails Offroad and FS sites have it marked Closed. Clear Creek website just says Closed without an opening date. Boulder side says Open with an Opening date of 15July.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
OK all, I'm not sure what's exactly the status of the trail, I've emailed both ranger districts again this week to confirm and haven't heard back. Dom and I have been talking just now and we're thinking that we should stick to plan, meeting at the ranger office and getting an update from them in the morning. I don't think there's a gate so we should be able to head up and see for our selves what the condition of the trail is, and possibly do another trail if Kingston isn't good. Let's stick to plan and go from there. Thanks

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We will be there. Probably just me and my driver Jaeden. 🥶😝

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Plan to be there with my son Oliver and a naughty brown dog or two.

wlucero

Rock Stacker
Table for 2 please. Ha Ha Ha. 😁😁My son and I are planning on being there as well. 👍👍

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Looks like there a bike race coming of Evans today. No parking at the ranger station currently. I'll jump on gmrs to try and catch people but we need a backup meeting location on the east of west side of town.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
On the rx and I are at the kum and go