• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Official Club Run June 22 - Official Argentine Pass cleanup run

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
more details to follow... including what projects if any we'll be doing, and what level of involvement we'll have with the Clear Creek Ranger district. However here are some things you can count on...

1. we're going, regardless of weather and snow conditions
2. we're camping the night before.
3. open to anyone, no limit.

Saturday, June 22.

Meet at 08:30. We start driving away at 09:00. Silverdale Trailhead 39.68793453056517, -105.69967265395972
argentine_start.jpg

FRS/GMRS channel 6. Licensed hams 146.580 for 2m coms. Get this one on your calendar now... this is one of the club's adopt-a-trails and a great time to get outside with a solid group of folks here. Past projects have included fence repair, illegal route mitigation, trash/campsite cleanup, bird house installs, fallen tree removal, and trail signage... I suspect this year will be some amount of at least a couple of those.

Bring:
- your truck, in good working order
- gloves, a jacket, real shoes.
- lunch.
- dogs and well mannered kids are also welcome.

Being that this is an "official" run, that means participation counts towards club membership, if one is so inclined. And being one of the club's adopted trails, that means participation counts towards next year's club dues, as part of our all access program for current members. Best of all it's a beautiful area and a road system we're happy to help keep open access to.

Last edited:

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@nakman another deep water crossing this year perhaps? The crossing to the campsite last year was over my 33s! :ROFLMAO:

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
In

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
In. We plan on camping the day prior.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Insky.

Gives me a reason to use my volunteer day at work:).

:beer::beer:

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Always down for this run! Don't they have the lower trail with the deep crossing closed or did things get fixed up in that washout?

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Def in. I'll see what CCRD can do. Are there any issues you know of that we may want to tackle?

norserunner

Brand New
more details to follow... including what projects if any we'll be doing, and what level of involvement we'll have with the Clear Creek Ranger district. However here are some things you can count on...

1. we're going, regardless of weather and snow conditions
2. we're camping the night before.
3. open to anyone, no limit.

Saturday, June 22.

Meet at 08:30. We start driving away at 09:00. Silverdale Trailhead 39.68793453056517, -105.69967265395972
argentine_start.jpg

FRS/GMRS channel 6. Licensed hams 146.580 for 2m coms. Get this one on your calendar now... this is one of the club's adopt-a-trails and a great time to get outside with a solid group of folks here. Past projects have included fence repair, illegal route mitigation, trash/campsite cleanup, bird house installs, fallen tree removal, and trail signage... I suspect this year will be some amount of at least a couple of those.

Bring:
- your truck, in good working order
- gloves, a jacket, real shoes.
- lunch.
- dogs and well mannered kids are also welcome.

Being that this is an "official" run, that means participation counts towards club membership, if one is so inclined. And being one of the club's adopted trails, that means participation counts towards next year's club dues, as part of our all access program for current members. Best of all it's a beautiful area and a road system we're happy to help keep open access to.
I'm in.
Is there anything a novice with a stock 4Runner needs to know?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Def in. I'll see what CCRD can do. Are there any issues you know of that we may want to tackle?
Guessing there's fence damage up near Waldorf as that seems to be an annual thing. And if they have any status update on the Leavenworth Creek route? but they're not going to be able to answer either one until June most likely... still, worth asking sooner thanks!

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
interested, watching, earmarked on my calendar. Any concerns inviting my uncle (been wheeling together for 20y before I sold my Jeeps last Sept). He's got a 4d Rubicon non-stock still.
All are invited. We're here to spruce up our adopted trail, and hang out.

He might catch some ribbing, but he's welcome.

Unless he has one of those angery headlight grills...

tacomaJoe73

Rising Sun Member
All are invited. We're here to spruce up our adopted trail, and hang out.

He might catch some ribbing, but he's welcome.

Unless he has one of those angery headlight grills...
he'll be fine w/ ribbing, I endured it from @DaveInDenver, Dean & @Crash and I'm still kicking, I even converted. He's like minded in the sense of trail care, familiar w/ this trail (we do it every year or two) and preservation. lol. just another "old hat" in the community...

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
We will be there with bells on.