Jenny Creek Road Work Day- June 23!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Those guys did some serious winching to get to the lake. Then they hit snow on the road out. Looks like they were still wheeling as the sun was setting.

Oh, the shame, the humanity!!!
UB isn't the first to bust the trail!

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Oh, the shame, the humanity!!!
UB isn't the first to bust the trail!

I am impressed! I broke about 1/2 mile of drifts. My furthest track was where the guy is very off camber on the cable. My hat goes off to those guys! It appears they did it right and proper! :thumb: :thumb: :bowdown:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I will still be there, but a little late. Can't leave until 9:30 when the babysitter gets here. I'll catch up...

T

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
If the truck is a decent 4x4, by all means bring it.

BTW, Rollinsville is about three trucks wide by 10 trucks long.... anywhere in Rollinsville is pretty much the same place!:lmao:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
looks like I'm out. My new motor mounts arrived but I have not had time to install them... :eek: Guess that's what I'll be doing while you all are playing on the trails. :)

Jenny creek work day: attn:Bill Morgan/red chili

Bill;

doug tebbe here, a couple of weeks ago i had indicated i was planning on
making this work day, however not going to happen, have some moderate
to serious physical issues going right now, asked my doc about the trip today,
he wasnt real keen on the idea being up in the mtns.,not real close to a
emergency room if needed,which last weekend it was. did get my compress-
or for the arb's fixed this past, 2 weeks past the 1 yr warranty, 4 wheel parts
in westminister called them, arb said no problem,that was great of arb and
4 whl parts to even call. so at this point iam not real sure about the mid-
week run next week on the 27th unless the med's iam taking start working
better and real quick so far its been real hit and miss! so anyway sorry to
back out on you guys at this late date,be safe up there!:( :(

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
So I'm wondering if enough folks went up with Bill today? Anybody know? I'll be really upset if the work party is too small to get done what is planned. Sorry for the thinking out loud but seeing posts of back out and not "I'll be there's" has me worried! :(

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I feel really bad for leaving Bill all alone up there. I'll will make it up to him as soon as I can...

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I went up late, left town around 9:45. Did not see anyone up at Jenny Creek...sorry I missed you, Bill.

T

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Well, I was the only club member to make it.

We didn't get much done, we did install a "don't drive around the drifts" sign just after the junction of 502 & 808 at the creek. Kirk Fuss would like to be a member, and he showed up in his Chevota 40 with his two kids. We were outnumbered by three USFS folks - except for the kids!

We investigated the eastern part of 502. Brian has placed a sign stating that just a bit further there is private land, and you need permission to enter (and that will be a cold day in Texas when that happens). Right at the sign there is a fairly open area to turn around, which is good. We also drove Guinn Mtn. trail, which is controversial and frankly Cat needs to investigate its status. The part that ends at the Colorado Mtn. Club cabin is getting a bit torn up and so are they, about it, so it will have to be resolved. The loop is part of the same route number but very obviously a very old road and it makes a nice loop- it should have been numbered differently; where were the wheelers to speak up in 1979 when travel management was done? So we may lose it due to a technicality which is now in the travel management plan and set in stone.

Not fair at all.

Another connecting route, also very obviously a road, is inventoried as a 'way' and not an authorized route - though it was never closed from when the forest was "open unless posted closed" and no NEPA was done to decommission it. It crosses some private land, which adds to the confusion. It is worth fighting for however. The place to do it is at the BRDOHV meeting, next one in August. There is a rumor that the regional forester is trying to get a categorical exclusion for decommissioning roads. That will be a dark day indeed... Our sport is very much hanging in the balance in this forest and region, and that is not being paranoid.

We never got up to Yankee Doodle. I bailed about 2.

I have a couple "drift" signs that need to be installed if anyone is going up there sometime soon.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Bill,
I am so sorry I choose to do other things. While I had a very productive day I feel I left you hanging, and I am sorry! It sounds like it was a decent day for you other than the embarrassment of being alone. I can get those signs up for you sometime in the near future, it's the least I can do. Thank you for representing our best interests! :thumb:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
My wife ran a half marathon today. While it was cool to support her, my mind was still on Jenny Creek- thanks Bill for doing this today. If you make it to the run on Wednesday dump the signs off on me, and UB and/or I will be back up there shortly to help follow up.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I'm tied up till the next meeting, unless someone wants to swing by the home place to pick 'em up - just PM me. Thanks!

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
OK...I guess I need to break down and buy a CB. :) I have always been a solo driver and never thought about communicating up there. Sorry I missed you...

T

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
NP, I didn't even have my hand-held on, with nobody else in the group that had a radio! Catch you next time...

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I'm tied up till the next meeting, unless someone wants to swing by the home place to pick 'em up - just PM me. Thanks!

Ok all,

I can swing by Bill's and grab the signs and bring them to the Wednesday run and hand them off, or give them to Matt or Wes?

So, anyone coming to the Wednesday run that is planning to go up to Jenny Creek in the near future (before the 7/11 meeting)?

I'll be leaving Thursday for 10 days up in Grand Lake and don't want to have the signs hostage in my garage if someone needs to get to them :eek:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Man this is sad. We need to reschedule the work day for all of us slackers. Might even be more productive if a bit more snow melts.

Thoughts?? :)

Man this is sad. We need to reschedule the work day for all of us slackers. Might even be more productive if a bit more snow melts.

Thoughts?? :)
I was lurking embarrassed in the background until you posted...I realized late Friday that since the landlord was coming by, the house and yard needed some work (actually a lot of work) and bailed Saturday morning. Sorry I posted interested and then never showed up :(.

I can help after the truck is fixed, I was serious about hauling stuff...I haven't removed the bed yet and the truck can haul a half ton of whatever over fairly rough terrain. I'll just keep looking in on the thread for a date. I'd really like to help but the next two weekends are out for me.

-Sean