• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

jenny creek kiosk work day

Beater

Hard Core 4+
ok, so I think my life is back to normal now, so back to the grind. Literally.

We have to complete a kiosk for the jenny creek trail head. I have almost all the materials.

I would like to have a work day this sunday if possible. I will need 2~3 bodies. You don't have to be a certified welder or anything like that. I will most likely be "sticking" the kiosk, due to the ridiculously thick material the rangers bought.

We need people to clean, sand, grind, and cut material. Must be able to measure twice and cut once. We will not be putting it together, only cutting the pieces and prepping for welding.

I also need about 4 feet of 1/2" cold or hot rolled round bar, and 4 feet of 1/2" id tube/pipe, either schd 40 or 80, or .125 wall.

I have all tools needed, providing the big arse sign post material will fit in my band saw. If not, we will torch it and clean the cuts.

WE WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
Beverages
1 gal acetone
4.5 flap wheels 80 and 120 grit. HF wheels need not apply

BYOG (bring your own gloves)

call w/questions 3oh3 9oh6 8693

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I'm in, for at least part of the day - I will bring barley pop.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
Bump!!!!!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Is this at your place John? I'll try to be back in town Sunday midday, but not sure yet.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
yes - 12 to 4

Hants

Rising Sun Member
I got a hall pass. Starts at 1pm, though, so I wouldn't get up there until about 2. Is that too late?

Beater

Hard Core 4+
THIS SUNDAY the 1st

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Where and when exactly? I might be able to make it? Wife works this Sunday so I am free, kind of..., long honey do list still pending.
John's place, just north of 6th and Colorado, on Colorado on the east side. Access via the alley. Just south of a Methodist church - see ya there!

Beater

Hard Core 4+
640 colorado blvd.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
it's on - bring your sunscreen!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Well, SeldomSeen and Hants showed up and brightened our day! We got most of the kiosk built, with only a few errors, no injuries, and only a moderate amount of suds consumed.

We even managed to engineer a strategy for getting the big thing in the ground without having it fall down. And even agreed on it. With apologies to Guinness, BRILLIANT!

In a couple weeks we will be finishing the kiosk, and then we will be ready to install it in the location chosen by the rangers. With some media attention if all plans hold! So plan on a nice relaxing overnighter up by Yankee Doodle, with a few holes punched, a center post installed and cured overnight, and the remainder installed on a Saturday morning with not a whole lot of labor time.