iPhone / Android mobile app for forum

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
apple is killin it...

iPhone Hits: 30
Android Hits: 3

I'm guessing it only shows up if you log in. It's almost rare for me to use my home computer to view the forums or even Facebook. My dual core Razor Maxx is freaking fast and there is no wait time for anything. My wifes 4S is like a 4.7 compared to my 5.7 IForce!

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
you get the same message when you log out on a pc or mac or you laptop. afaict it's not phone specific. why do you even logout? just check the auto login when you open the browser or whatever :meh:

No, it doesn't log me out.

Every time I go to RS from my phone, a message pops up saying "We have a mobile theme, click okay to try it". Its not a big deal, i can keep hitting cancel, I was just curious.

And it is only from a phone. I don't get the "mobile theme" message from my computer.

admin

Forum Administrator
well, you gotta put in the pertinent info. Thank you, with that i understand now what you're talking about. :)

I'm not inclinded to turn it off just yet. By hitting cancel it should not notify you again. I don't see any info in the forum runner support about it not working. Are you on iphone or droid?

Select Yes if you would like Forum Runner to send your users browsing through their mobile browsers on supported devices a one-time message notifying them about Forum Runner support, or No to disable this. If enabled and the user cancels the prompt, they will not be prompted again.

admin

Forum Administrator
only thing I could find was that safari (or current browser) sets a cookie. so if you hit cancel and it continues to prompt you it's your browser and the cookie. Can you look and see if it's setting the cookie?

forum runner said:
If the user taps 'Cancel' on this popup, it sets a cookie that makes the popup not display again for 6 months.

If the user clears their cookies, this will obviously make the popup display again.

Last edited:

wesintl

RS Moderator
someone is using issac's phone

CookieMonster-Sitting.jpg

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
ROFL. Nice,

I do periodically clear cookies, that must be the issue!

Mmmm....cookies.