• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

How Much Snow Did You Get? 3/14-3/15/'24

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
I had to dig out of 20"+ this morning. And it's still coming down hard. Took an hour just to get out the gate and another hour and a half to get to work. (driving my Subaru) HWY 285 South bound is completely plugged. Has been since 2:30 this morning apparently. All the plow trucks are stuck either in the pile up in the canyon or in the ditches. State troopers stuck and sheriff's deputies stuck as well. I'm not really sure how I'm getting home this evening. Might have to get the truck out of the shop and drive it home tonight.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
First thing this morning.

Attachments

• 79505535-C0B1-45BD-BF8C-C277D7B7FCCE.jpeg
    79505535-C0B1-45BD-BF8C-C277D7B7FCCE.jpeg
    998.5 KB · Views: 38

rover67

Rising Sun Member
We have several feet (2-3?) up on Sugarloaf! Our power is out and the generator quit at like 4am. My morning consisted of diging out the generator and scooping all the snow out of the intake, removing the waterlogged filter, and sopping water out of the airbox. New plugs since the ones in there were dripping wet and shes off to the races. Been on conference calls all morning, about to go make cookies with Mila. Stove going full chooch and its 68 in the house. Dogs are Happy.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
7" in Columbine area.

Boulder Cruiser

Trail Ready
We have several feet (2-3?) up on Sugarloaf! Our power is out and the generator quit at like 4am. My morning consisted of diging out the generator and scooping all the snow out of the intake, removing the waterlogged filter, and sopping water out of the airbox. New plugs since the ones in there were dripping wet and shes off to the races. Been on conference calls all morning, about to go make cookies with Mila. Stove going full chooch and its 68 in the house. Dogs are Happy.
I’m headed your way to see how far I can get up Switzerland.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
SO NOT FAIR!!! nothing on the ground when i left

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
We got maybe 8" here in Broomfield. It's still snowing, but nothing is really sticking or adding up anymore...

In other news, @arthog Terry sent me this one just now. I'm guessing @BritKLR is in a similar situation?

IMG_2840.JPG

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I staged the 80, the Sequoia and the 100 in that order on the steepest part of the driveway in hopes of keeping the worst of the snowcrete off it. The only truck that made it out under it's own steam was the 80. :) Managed to use it to strap the Sequoia up, The 100 is still stuck and I am out of energy to deal with it.

2 out of 3 ain't bad. :pirate:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
(driving my Subaru)
You realize you said (typed) this publicly?
Might have to get the truck out of the shop and drive it home tonight.
Attaboy!
Paul wins!
x2

10' or so near downtown Denver. Streets mostly just wet.

Colorado 4x4 Rescue and Recovery spooled up to transport medical personnel and government requests. Just like the old FEAT. Only 4 came in all day. Nice to see the community at the ready though, and the storm is not over.

Yesterday:

Attachments

• IMG_6918.jpeg
    IMG_6918.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23