How Many People Did You Pull Out of the Snow Today?

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Spent the morning blazing around Aurora. Pulled an Audi Quattro, Prerunner, Jeep Commander, Jeep thing that's one size smaller (not a liberty), and an F250. Had to have an Armada pull me out of a drift after I went wide to avoid a stranded car and got into some really deep stuff. Narrowly avoided a big dodge who decided to back out of his garage at Mach I to bust through the pile of snow at the end of his driveway just as I was passing his house. :rant: How was everyone else's day?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
none...it appears all the people in my neighborhood either know how to drive or are smart enough to stay off the roads.:D

subzali

Hard Core 4+
My dad's tractor :D - and then he pulled me out of a ditch
Everything (including the red 2wd truck) got out on its own

Pulled out a Range Rover who had made a mess out of the street and then got stuck trying to get out of his piles when they sucked me into the curb. He turned around came back and returned the favor. Pulled out a Highlander, too. My neighbors now call my car "the Tank".

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I pushed a couple dozen people out, or taught them how to rock it out of the snow. I was too nervous to strap anyone up, I never know where to attach the strap to their car...

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Pulled out a Jeep Cherokee in the alley. A minivan who was stuck on next to nothing with no-season radials. Had a nice conversation with a neighbor who rockclimbed and thought my truck rocked, told him about all the land use stuff we do. Offered to pull out an F250, but the gal refused. She wanted to dig it out. Go figger.

She was still digging when I pulled in for some hot homemade Red Chili!! Yum.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
I think we must have pulled out 200 or so at work today. Cruiser is tired. First couple we dug a little bit and then pulled, by the 5th one or so we just pulled snow and all.

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
200?:eek: That's crazy. I forgot to mention that there were three plows stuck in the median of Hwy 85 just north of Brighton. They were using a big rig wrecker and a front end loader chained up in tandem to pull them out. Pretty cool. Also saw a couple of nutters blazing down 85 on sleds. They had to have been doing 70 or better. Looked like fun. :)

I saw that I drove to hwy 7 and 50th twice from lafayette to get nurses had to make my own road on 7!

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Spent too much time pulling people out yesterday to do much today. Pulled 3 today, Civic, Saturn and a Taco but I got my wife to work, grandkids (shared custody) to Mom & Dads, Son-in-Law to Lakewood, and my Christmas shopping done.:thumb:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
My friends moved to Castle Rock and don't have a 4WD vehicle. They got all 3 of their cars stuck within 3 blocks of eir house and I went down and pulled them all out into their drive.

After awhile, I stopped pulling them out 'cause they'd just get stuck again, so we'd get their car out of danger then give them a ride to a safe place. But my kid did strap a tire to the ARB bumper and pushed one guy home. At one point we had refugees from three different cars crammed into the back.
For most of the day, we were about the only vehicle that could make the climb out of our neighborhood. Stuck it deep twice, but we always had shovels and extra hands onboard. The last run was at 11pm to extract a neighbor's CRV that high centered, then do the last 1/2 mile for her husband who had spent 10 hours getting back to Broomfield from work in Golden.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
When I was out driving around the neighborhood, about 50% of the people cheered me on. The rest either flipped me off or glared at me. I was polite, kept my speed at a safe rate, and offered help to anyone that needed it. The best story I have from that day was off of 32nd. I found a cul de sac that hadn't been plowed yet. The snow was so light I could push through it like I was driving on dry roads. I came up the street pushing a wake of snow over the hood and eventually over the hood and windshield. At the top of the street I was driving out the side window so I could see where I was going. Right where the street ended there was a guy standing on his porch. His jaw dropped as I came to a stop. Snow had completely coverer the truck so all you could see was a white mound. I waved, turned around and drove back down the street. :D

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
That's awesome. Both of my rear flaps are toast. One pulled completely off and the other's just hanging. :(

Beater

Hard Core 4+
you know, I don't ever hook up to anyone anymore, unless it's an emergency vehicle.

I have learned my lesson. I had a person get mad because their front end was blemished from the snow upon pulling them through.

I usually just show them how to drive out of it. I think it's better to "teach them to fish" rather than to just give them one. If I get any attitude, I just walk away, saying "I'm sorry. I was only trying to help, and I am sorry that I wasn't able to provide enough assistance." as politely as possible. Usually the guilt calms them down.

In truth, I would only recommend pulling out european cars, as they are mandated to come with proper recovery points from the factory. I won't even think of hooking up to anything else.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Pulled out some of my neighbors who thought a front wheel drive would work fine. They blocked the whole road so no one could get out. Took the GMC and straped them up, made short work of all three. After that I went out looking for people in our neighborhood, helped another 5-6.

Went back home after that and got the 4Runner out, had to see how it would do. Let me tell you the Pro Comp AT's SUCK big time, no traction what so ever. I am looking for mudders for the snow run, need them something bad.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
flyweights.....

was blocking the intersection on colfax, and I couldn't resist. Driver was a jerk, co-driver was cool. Took a couple of snatches, but got him. They offered to have their company pay, I told them that we (rising sun) would take a donation if they wanted.... we'll see.

40 foot trailer and all...

j

Attachments

• Photo_122306_001.jpg
    Photo_122306_001.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Photo_122306_002.jpg
    Photo_122306_002.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Photo_122306_003.jpg
    Photo_122306_003.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 142
  • Photo_122306_004.jpg
    Photo_122306_004.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 134

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
AWESOME!!!!

green machine said:
flyweights.....

was blocking the intersection on colfax, and I couldn't resist. Driver was a jerk, co-driver was cool. Took a couple of snatches, but got him. They offered to have their company pay, I told them that we (rising sun) would take a donation if they wanted.... we'll see.

40 foot trailer and all...

j

Nemo

Trail Ready
I saw pulling this out and thought he may have needed help, but man he knows what he is doing. Made it look easy. Fun to watch.