Headlight wiring

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
How about a pic of the head light and tail light? Did you use a 530 tail assembly? Baja pressure switch? Bleed the brakes with dot 5.1?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
How about a pic of the head light and tail light? Did you use a 530 tail assembly? Baja pressure switch? Bleed the brakes with dot 5.1?

Ok. Headlight is the Polysport Halo H4 http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/54/227/1156/-/26751/Polisport-Halo-H4-Headlight

wiring kit is the Tusk Enduro kit from RM with the handguard LED's http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...d-Turn-Signals/TUSK+DUAL+SPORT+WIRING+HARNESS

I reused the stock tail light, as it seemed to fit better with that big orange piece of plastic. Yes I'm still running an incandescent 1157 bulb in there. The handguard turn signals seem to do the job pretty good, I had to de-bling them with some sticker removal and paint.. the back turn signals are just little stick-ons, but they're bright especially if you are next to the bike, a little less so if you are behind it. At night it'll light stuff up quite nicely though.

Attachments

• bike_handlebars.JPG
    bike_handlebars.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 206
  • bike_headlight.JPG
    bike_headlight.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 194
  • bike_taillights2.JPG
    bike_taillights2.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 201
  • bike_taillights.JPG
    bike_taillights.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 208

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I also moved the silly little mirror over to right next to the grip, between it and the clutch. That allows for actually seeing behind you when you ride, I'd recommend that for anyone who still has one of those tiny cheap mirrors. In fact I have a second one someone could have.. I still need to do the pressure switch in the front caliper.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Don't forget to safety wire the grips. they tend to come loose and spin. A grip that is spinning on the throttle tube kinda sucks... you can't go anywhere.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Don't forget to safety wire the grips. they tend to come loose and spin. A grip that is spinning on the throttle tube kinda sucks... you can't go anywhere.

Alright, I'll do something on the throttle side..

Hey Bruce thanks for coming by today to check it out, all brake switches are working well and happy with new juice. :cool:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
You may want to turn the tag vertical. Might save slicing those nice riding pants in a get-off. Or worse.

For the grips you can use good glue. I've had safety wire break and slice my hand.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I was gonna say the same about the plate. That thing looks like a knife blade waiting to cut your leg wide open during a fall. I'm not sure stick on lights will stay connected very long either. maybe a wood screw through from the backside? Looks good though. Do you have a plan for carrying tools and spare tube?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
FWIW, I have an MSR backpack I found at a motorcycle shop. Has a compartment for tools, with little holders etc., room for a bladder, and enough room to hold my enduro jacket. MUCH better than trying to find a place on the bike, and get it to stay put with all the weight of tools etc. banging around.

I also have a tube bag that goes on the front fender. I carry a 3.00x21 tube, it will also work in the back in a pinch. Room for tire irons and a CO2 inflator kit. Kinda interferes with my headlight beam though. Meh.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Alright, flipping the plate is easy enough, I've already got the drill in the drill press for that. A plan for carrying a tube & tools? I was just going to ride with you, Farnham. :eek: