Gutter mount group buy

Beater

Hard Core 4+
no chance of doing aluminum? Anyway - I recommend 4 per side on anything over 60" of length, it you want it to stand up to real abuse. I have pics of my rangie using the 4 .25 inch thick mounted rack as a roof slider. Especially if you are going to put a tent up there, or really load it.

I can't spare the cash, or I would be in. I will probably attempt an aluminum foot in the middle of winter, but right now, I am considering selling my truck anyway..

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
You can get them for cheaper. I have a guys # that bought out the company who made the 4" ones.

IIRC I got my 8 for $100.
Then remember seeing someone say they got theirs for 10/piece. I can post a pic of them and get that contact # if you all are interested. A group buy would save alot!

You should post a picture and contact info for the company. Probably would be best to do this in a new thread, so this one doesn't get hijacked.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I wonder if those cheaper ones you're thinking of are the "Quick n Easy" mounts.. which are definitely not the same deal. Yes, put up a picture please.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
A little different...

These are not quick n easy mounts.

A link to the page with a .pdf of the part is here.

I have placed the order for 60. I asked if the shop would take another look at the quote(the original was from april). They did and the price actually went DOWN :clap:to $22/each for powdercoated and $24/each for zinc plate.

The unit price includes a kit with 2 bolts, 5 flat washers, 3 lock washers and 3 nuts to complete the assembly.

Now I need to know what everyone wants: Powdercoat or Zinc.

I can let them know tomorrow after the meeting if anyone wants to look at the sample powdercoat color tonight at the RS meeting, but we need to decide. Majority rules.

Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Thank you sir! I am still good with either so let the majority speak up...

These are not quick n easy mounts.

A link to the page with a .pdf of the part is here.

I have placed the order for 60. I asked if the shop would take another look at the quote(the original was from april). They did and the price actually went DOWN :clap:to $22/each for powdercoated and $24/each for zinc plate.

So for 6 brackets it is $132 for p/c, and $144 for zinc. This unit price includes a kit with 2 bolts, 5 flat washers, 3 lock washers and 3 nuts to complete the assembly.

Now I need to know what everyone wants: Powdercoat or Zinc.

I can let them know tomorrow after the meeting if anyone wants to look at the sample powdercoat color tonight at the RS meeting, but we need to decide. Majority rules.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Awesome! :bowdown: I would be fine with powder coated, but whatever it's all good can't wait!!

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Quick question :confused:

Looking at the picture got me wondering, will the cross bars (whatever those end up being) clear a factory rack on an 80 series using these mounts? I hadn't planned on removing my factory rack as I'm one of the odd ducks that likes the look, and in general will only run with the "better" rack on trips where it is needed. That was one the really awesome things about the Thule rack I had on my Durango with the quick disconnect feet....easy on and off :)

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Yes, I still have the factory roofrack on my 80, so the design will compensate for that as well.

Quick question :confused:

Looking at the picture got me wondering, will the cross bars (whatever those end up being) clear a factory rack on an 80 series using these mounts? I hadn't planned on removing my factory rack as I'm one of the odd ducks that likes the look, and in general will only run with the "better" rack on trips where it is needed. That was one the really awesome things about the Thule rack I had on my Durango with the quick disconnect feet....easy on and off :)

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the answer Nathaniel...Looking forward to seeing the examples at the meeting tonight :thumb:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Update for the group buy

*UPDATED 10-4-07*

We are going to have them powdercoated "Mock Rock". Plating was voted out to powdercoat 2 to 0 last night at the meeting.

Thanks for the new "groupbuy" thread, Wes! :bowdown: and heck I think we're there..

Uncle B - 6
Nakman - 6
Groucho - 6
Hants - 6
Hulk - 6
Corsair - 6

Wes? - 6

:beer2:

Cosair, Hulk, you guys in?
I can accept paypal if anyone is interested, just pm me for my paypal info. Otherwise cash and check are cool.

Last edited:

acon40

Banned
Pull me out. Slee responded in my other thread and it turns out he is going to sell me a set I need. That being the case, sorry I have to back out, but I am glad this came of it.:beer:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Put me down for 6 :) - that mock rock PC looks nice so that got my vote :thumb:

Oh, and I'd be interested in 3 cross bars as well if those ever get past the development stage ;) - Should have looked closer at the drawings last night but would would the entire thing be swappable to a FJ40? Feet/clamps should work right, but would the cross bars fit to the shorter width of a 40's top, with some bar "hang over" (pun for the North Sider folks :lol:)

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Got it.

The crossbars will have holes to compensate for a narrower roof. They are not far from being done. I'll post updates.

Put me down for 6 :) - that mock rock PC looks nice so that got my vote :thumb:

Oh, and I'd be interested in 3 cross bars as well if those ever get past the development stage ;) - Should have looked closer at the drawings last night but would would the entire thing be swappable to a FJ40? Feet/clamps should work right, but would the cross bars fit to the shorter width of a 40's top, with some bar "hang over" (pun for the North Sider folks :lol:)

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I smell powdercoat on roofrack brackets..... we're getting close!

wesintl

RS Moderator
am i out of is, or there still time to pay you... sorry I forgot about this.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
am i out of is, or there still time to pay you... sorry I forgot about this.

I will have stock of at least 3 sets of 6 brackets(18 brackets). We x-posted to mud to see if there was any interest. If you want some, LMK.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
They are done!

I am receiving these today. They look great. I just checked one on the 80 gutter this morning, and they work beautifully. Here are a couple of teaser shots.
I have payment from Hants, Cosair, Uncle Ben. I'll take cash or check from the others. Paypal only if absolutely necessary(Fees).
Wes, were you going to get in on this?

I will bring them(and the extras) to the meeting on the 7th, unless someone wants them sooner and I'll drop them off to you whenever.

Attachments

• DSC_0384.JPG
    DSC_0384.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC_0385.JPG
    DSC_0385.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC_0386.JPG
    DSC_0386.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC_0387.JPG
    DSC_0387.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_0388.JPG
    DSC_0388.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 239

wesintl

RS Moderator
yeah. can you pm the the paypal info and $ or i can send you a check, etc...