GPS Poker Run

Convert

Hard Core 4+
TTT more information soon:thumb:

acon40

Banned
i in. I will wait till right before the run to get the best unit haha... Plus what better way for me to meet everyone then a frantic where the hell am i call. Thank god i get 55 mpg on the vw.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Looks like February 17th for a date,we will be finalizing a plan this weekend and posting up details.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Details

The GPS Poker Run will be Sunday, February 17, 2008. There will be 10 cache locations (see attached map) with individual sealed envelopes containing 1 playing card. You will need to hit at least 5 of the 10 caches to collect 5 cards. If you get a cache that no longer has any cards, you will need to hit another cache to collect your 5.

Friday night the GPS coordinates will be posted, so you will have Saturday and Sunday to get your hand. Coordinates will be in UTM format and the map datum will be NAD27 CONUS.

Bring your five envelopes to the restaurant (place not yet determined and will be buy your own dinner & drinks) and play 5-card stud and socialize. We will probably have a couple of prizes as well.

As soon as I have more information on a restaurant, I will post more details. Please post if your interested in this run so we can get a head count to make sure the dinner venue is large enough.

Attachments

• map.pdf
    261.7 KB · Views: 196

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I may be up for this...

but my poker playing skill suck, as shown by the recent poker game. Gotta get my Etrex out and make sure the batteries are good. :thumb:

Convert

Hard Core 4+
GPS Poker Run List

Went back through the thread here is a list of participants so far

Rouge Leader
Axle Ike
Wesintl
Hulk
Rock Runner
Rezarf
Uncle Ben
Jacket
Leiniesred
Corsair23
Bighead
Bskey
Rover67
Neliconcept
Dave in denver
Acon 40
Groucho

Any more were only 4 weeks away?

Convert

Hard Core 4+
bump for interest

bvb

Do I drive the LX around every bend or try to cross town in the 60? :Princess: says the LX, I like the idea of gettig it used to the club for events.:beer::beer:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Sooooo....since the locations will be posted Friday night can we start searching Friday night? Wife is not thrilled this will take time Sat and Sunday. She is excited to do it however. Also, you stated it was 5 card stud....does that mean we get to pick 4 of the cards or is it more of a 5 card draw game?

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Sooooo....since the locations will be posted Friday night can we start searching Friday night? Wife is not thrilled this will take time Sat and Sunday. She is excited to do it however. Also, you stated it was 5 card stud....does that mean we get to pick 4 of the cards or is it more of a 5 card draw game?

After the coordinates are posted which will be Friday afternoon/evening it is up to you when you find the caches.We figured the more time we gave folks to find them the easier it would be to participate.(weekends are busy times)Finding the caches may be more challenging in the darkness. We will be playing 5 card no peek (stud poker),you will need to collect an envelope from five of the locations.
Hope that all makes sense
Dan

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Dinner Location

We will be meeting at The Old Spaghetti Factory downtown. We have room for 30 people right now. More room is available but I need to let them know in advance,so please RSVP to this thread.

Date: February 17 ,2008
Time: 5:00Pm
1215 18th Street
Denver Colorado

Here is a link to the menu and map http://www.osf.com/locations/menu-by-locations.htm#Colorado

bvb

I'm in for two! I have a extra GPS if someone needs to borrow one. the more the merrier

Convert

Hard Core 4+
GPS Poker Run Info

BVB and I will be out tomorrow hiding caches in the 200LC. We will post up locations as we go. Stay tuned for live details and prize info all day . Grab a card from 5 caches and meet us for dinner on Sunday to play your hand. Please keep envelopes sealed. Prizes include ARB ?, Toyota? , Gear?, directions?Confused ?
Better get your GPS out and hunt it down:beer:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
BVB and I will be out tomorrow hiding caches in the 200LC. We will post up locations as we go. Stay tuned for live details and prize info all day . Grab a card from 5 caches and meet us for dinner on Sunday to play your hand. Please keep envelopes sealed. Prizes include ARB ?, Toyota? , Gear?, directions?Confused ?
Better get your GPS out and hunt it down:beer:

Right on! I'm excited!!!!

So to be clear.....we DO NOT open the envelopes till dinner....correct?

Convert

Hard Core 4+
So to be clear.....we DO NOT open the envelopes till dinner....correct?

Uncle Ben you are 100% crystal clear Do Not open the envelopes till dinner.
:thumb:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I'm out :(

Someone wanna play my hand for me? :D

I may try this...

...but I'm also considering the snow run, same day.

When is last opportunity to make up my other mind?:hill:

Cheers!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
GPS run starts this afternoon/evening, so if you have an empty weekend, all you have to worry about is getting into downtown Denver by 5 on Sunday and you can do both! :D