GPS Poker Run

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Dave was the pitcher who broke his arm throwing in a game. They re-played the video on TV for days. Then, he discovered he had cancer in that arm.

Just looked....if it was signed it would be worth $4 on E-bay! :lmao:

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Just looked....if it was signed it would be worth $4 on E-bay! :lmao:

That is why it is in a cache. Rarely do you find something of value in a geocache. But then again that's not what it is about :thumb:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'm out!:( Kid needs a nap and the expectant momma needs to rest as well. Had to work all day yesterday, too. Had everything in my GPS to boot. Convert, please accept my regrets.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Secured UB's Back Yard, White Ranch, Among the Rocks and Yucca. UB's was about 400+ yards directly North of where we found the Baseball card! :rolleyes:

UB's ended up being the easiest with Yucca being a close second on quick and easy. White Ranch was snowing very over cast so the GPS ghosts made it quite a challenge. Red Rocks was downright tough as it was blowing and snowing really hard and between ghost readings and some sneaky hiders it took some snooping! We'll catch Urban Solitude on the way to dinner. We had a lot of fun today!!!!

There will be three of us at dinner.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Looks like it's just gonna be 4 family's eh? With only two fams hunting I'd say what your hand ends up being is irrelevant as there are more prizes than participants! :eek:

Way fun run! Can't wait to do another one! Once we had the right datum set up the Caches were spot on easy to find! :thumb::thumb:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Looks like it's just gonna be 4 family's eh? With only two fams hunting I'd say what your hand ends up being is irrelevant as there are more prizes than participants! :eek:

Way fun run! Can't wait to do another one! Once we had the right datum set up the Caches were spot on easy to find! :thumb::thumb:

GREAT RUN! Thank you Bill and Dan for setting this up! My wife and I had a blast today! My wife already want to do another one! Great dinner too! Great prizes, great fun and together with the wife....can't beat that! :thumb::thumb:

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Dan and Bill (and families):

Thank you.

Lin and I had a great time doing a Toyota Club thing together. This Poker run was well organized and executed. I am surprised more people didn't get in on this. Dinner was tasty and a perfect end to the weekend. We enjoyed getting to meet the families of the wheelers we usually spend time with.

We're looking forward to helping out on the next one! This time, We'll pick up Coyote and short walk (probably Tuesday after work).

Man, I can't wait to get that ARB into my truck!

Sincerest thanks,
Stephen and Lin.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
So how many people ended up showing up? What were the prizes like? Details? Pics? :D Worth doing again? Already got another one planned? :eek:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Prizes were awesome and we agreed to keep it low key as a lot of people said they would participate but only a couple actually said they had to bow out....not too cool! Vendors were Toyota, ARB and FunTreks! A lot of work went into this and while I thought I knew GPS usage very well I learned I didn't know a lot! Great family non wheeling event!