*Fourth Annual Ghost Town Run!* July 19th & 20, 2008

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Some how I think we will be seeing a different Perry than the GTR in 2006
I don't even know Perry, but that's just plain funny!

This sounds like a great trip, but I'll be in Michigan that weekend. Hopefully next time....

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I'm going to try and make this run this year and hopefully bring Kim along too. She likes the scenery and camping more than the wheeling though.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I am down... will probably have the dog with me again too.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Pit toilets at the campsite. Fire rings if fires are not banned. Stream near the site as well. REALLY nice site.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I'm hoping to come, don't want to miss out on the best Ghost Town Run I think there has been so far. Camp Hale was a lot of fun too though, going to try and get back up there this summer.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Are you going to show up to see it?:rolleyes: :thumb: :lmao:

Ouch, that hurts! :eek:

If I can solve all my gear oil leaks and get rid of my ridiculous propeller crossmember I will.:)

Pit toilets at the campsite. Fire rings if fires are not banned. Stream near the site as well. REALLY nice site.

By pit, do you mean dig your own cat hole, or an established outhouse?
Also, is it possible and permissible to gather firewood from the vicinity of the campsite?

We are looking forward to kicking off our vacation in style with you folks. It will be refreshing to leave behind the summer heat of the high plains for the mountain views and cool breezes.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Also, is it possible and permissible to gather firewood from the vicinity of the campsite?

We are looking forward to kicking off our vacation in style with you folks. It will be refreshing to leave behind the summer heat of the high plains for the mountain views and cool breezes.

Pit toilet is established outhouse, usually you can find wood but it's easier to just bring an armload with... I should be able to scrounge a little up. ;)

And we're in, hopefully both nights but for sure Saturday, should be a great RTT opportunity. :thumb:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Pit toilet is established outhouse, usually you can find wood but it's easier to just bring an armload with... I should be able to scrounge a little up. ;)
:thumb:

Exactly. They are also known as Vault toilets. Basically campground outhouses.

Im New here and would like to go

Have a few questions. First on a scale of 1-5 how tuff is this run? We just got a New FJ and would like to get out but not beat it up. It is a trail team edition so it has the A-trac and rear locker. I leave the harder stuff for my Jeep when and if it gets done. I know no 4 letter words sorry for that. I have been here a year and used to run with the Baltimore 4 wheeler in MD and i am looking for a club here to go play with. This run sounds like fun and i would like to bring the family. Any information would be great. thanks.

Thanks Hulk, Need to get a roof rack but sounds like fun. I am going to try to make it.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
a customer from work would like to come. him and his kid, maybe his wife also.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Nathaniel, is there a limit on this run? I counted 20 rigs signed on in this thread so far.

ttubb

Like to join up...

If there is still room, I would like to join up. I met several of you last year at the Ouray-Telluride run. Really enjoyed the group. Terry:cheers:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
We had over 30 trucks on the Snow and Pizza run a few years ago, I'm sure we can handle more on these easy forest roads... :D