• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

*Fourth Annual Ghost Town Run!* July 19th & 20, 2008

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
this just in from Groucho...

Update-hancock pass is open. Found a bigger camping spot just b4 middle quartz campground ma

rked by two dinner plates that say Rising Sun Ghost Town run. Kioka Kate will be monitoring 146.460 to talk you in.

Last edited:

ttubb

Camp Grounds

I saw that spot last week and it is actually more open and spacious than Middle Quartz. If it is one I am thinking of it is about 1/2 mile prior to MQ on the right side. Cannot miss it. Bringing pasta salad and mountain munchies (cookies that DO HAVE NUTS so we will watch for the kids). See you at Johnson Village at 0900 tomorrow. Terry :cheers:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Red Chilli
Not sure if she is or not. We have done a pretty good job of being aware. At least i like to think so. I know the one time it happend at her sitter she just grabbed the cracker and licked it and said she dont like it. Her toungue got numb and it was a ride to the hospital for her. We were at a Rockies game and she did pretty well as long as she not in it so i don't think she is that sensative but it did take a quarter of a half piece of a cashew when she was a baby for us to find out. Dont want to find out again. I think with me being a diabetic and her nut alergy we have the pharmacy covered though. Thanks for everyone looking out. Look forward to wheeling with everyone. Thanks again.
Jones Family

[Hijack]Have you had her tested yet? My oldest has a tree nut allergy but is (supposedly) severely allergic to peanuts. Found that out when her Aunt gave her one of those peanut butter crackers (orange crackers with peanut butter in between) and it looked like someone had beat the snot out of her. Her eyes got so swollen she couldn't open them etc. And, she only took one bite and didn't like the taste so her exposure to the peanut butter was minimal. Scary stuff :eek:

We are now retesting her (blood test) and depending on the results they may do a challenge test where they put peanut butter on her arm. This is through National Jewish because her old allergist Doc won't do anything because he had a child die during a challenge test, at the hospital! Yes, this stuff is NOT to be taken lightly folks...

[/Hijack off]

Going Nuts

We know she is alergic. we found out when she ate a quarter of a half piece of a cashew when she was a baby. So we are very careful. what i ment we dont know if she is as sensitive if you just breathe on her. Like i said before she will tell you she is allergic to nuts. It is tough being a kid sometimes.