Forced back to nights.....

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
treerootCO said:
I am really close to selling everything and buying a small ranch in Montana. :D

Is 29 too young to retire?

If you can do it, and want to do it, why the heck not? You can always come out of retirement at a ripe old age of 33 if you get bored. Sounds like a kick ass deal to me.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
As of today.....I DIDN'T GET FORCED!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D

I get to be normal again

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
treerootCO said:

I get to be normal again

:clap: :headbang: :beer2:

guess ill be the only one on at 3am

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
treerootCO said:

I get to be normal again

CONGRADULATIONS! Guess that shoots the heck outta Tuesdays though....:rolleyes: :cheers:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
lfd270ben said:
guess ill be the only one on at 3am

I'm still on nights until January

Uncle Ben said:
CONGRADULATIONS! Guess that shoots the heck outta Tuesdays though....:rolleyes: :cheers:

That didn't stop Wes and I before:D

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
treerootCO said:
I'm still on nights until January
so does this mean you took the other position? or got the one you want? or are you still going to be doing the same thing? and do the pointy teeth fall out or do you have to file them down? do you just lose the taste for blood?

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I haven't decided if I want to accept the other position. They only forced three people this round so I am doing the same thing as before. I don't need fangs, the whites of my eyes seem to be storing all the blood I need.

PabloCruise

Hard Core 4+
treerootCO said:
You have to enjoy emails like this,

"Hello -

We did not get enough volunteers for the new OOH team. Would anyone like to consider volunteering to avoid having to force assign by inverse seniority? If so, please respond to this email by NOON on Wednesday, Oct. 25th."

Inverse Seniority?!? Gotta love corporate speak. :rolleyes:

Still that beats getting letters that say, "Company X has contracted with a nat'l distributor. This forces us to reassess blah, blah, blah..."

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
well, it was fun.....now they want to force me back to nights and on top of it, force me to relocate to Highlands Ranch. I am not happy about it and my Union could care less.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
You could do worse than living down on da south side, my brutha. You'll find that hangin' wit' me, Wes, LexusBen, Romah, Red Chilly, and da Cheese Man to be real smooth.

Last edited:

wesintl

RS Moderator
well, it was fun.....now they want to force me back to nights and on top of it, force me to relocate to Highlands Ranch. I am not happy about it and my Union could care less.

At some point you have to look at quality of life. If your fine with what you are doing then ok but it surely doesn't seem like it. If your just bitching and venting but truely love it then that's fine too but 7 grievences:confused:WTF :eek: . I've found moving and starting a different job gives you different perspectives and a stronger resume in a changing workforce in which few companies value you as an employee. IMHO it's time to GTFO

wesintl

RS Moderator
At some point you have to look at quality of life. If your fine with what you are doing then ok but it surely doesn't seem like it. If your just bitching and venting but truely love it then that's fine too but 7 grievences:confused:WTF :eek: . I've found moving and starting a different job gives you different perspectives and a stronger resume in a changing workforce in which few companies value you as an employee. IMHO it's time to GTFO

even nutley moved to the ranch ... lol

Beater

Hard Core 4+
just what the #@$(& do you do for a living anyway?

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
surf the internets - it is a series of tubes ;)

I am just venting, I would rather go back to school and throw this career in the trash. For now, they pay too much for me to leave. I applied for the software engineer position and bascially got hired but they refuse to pass my resume through to the people that matter. Once I am an engineer, I get to work up North and I will no longer be Union.

This union is crap...unionize Wal-Mart!!! :D

I don't have anything against the South folks but the South campus is where the flagpole is. All I want is to do my job in peace. I can't stand the corporate types, and I refuse to drink socially just to keep up relations.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
...I can't stand the corporate types, and I refuse to drink socially just to keep up relations...

D@mn! is that all I have to do to climb the ladder? :D

I'm in career flux right now too. Working for myself for about a year, but just took a job with a company in Golden... Trading my freedom for a steady paycheck. But at least now I'll be able to dump money into the cruisers without having to worry too much. ;)

Plus, we're young and don't have too many financial commitments, so it's the right time to experiment with the career before we get too old and lose our way in the halls like Romer. :thumb: :D

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
You could do worse than living down on da south side, my brutha. You'll find that hangin' wit' me, Wes, LexusBen, Romah, and da Cheese Man to be real smooth.
I feel so left out....:( :( :( only living in downtown Littleton instead of the south side of town...:lmao:

(oops. Now all the southlanders will want to come over and use my garage and welder and plasma. Bodaggit. Could keep me in 1554 though.)