Forced back to nights.....

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I have been here eight years and am 4th from the bottom. They need 16 people to work nights, 7 have volunteered so far. Cutoff is Monday:(

I am grateful to have a job, don't get me wrong. I just wish the union would allow a way to remove someone from the forced list if they have been forced once already. I was ready to get back to some normalcy....

I work nights too it really messes with your body

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
sweet! we can keep the forums alive at 1:00am :D

treerootCO said:
sweet! we can keep the forums alive at 1:00am :D
definetly I work 7p to 7a

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm usually up till about 1:00 a.m., so I'll chime in too.

Mike, I want to ask you about your photo gallery software, and you wanted to talk about shopping carts. When is a good time to call you? I don't want to wake you up. :)

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
31 hours OT this week. Call me at work, I guarantee I'll be here :D I get to work Noon to 5:30am today and Nakman and I are heading up to prerun Jones pass as soon as I get off work.

Last edited:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully you get paid for all that OT!

What time you guys heading up?

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
5:30 in the am

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Mike, bought a new toy today at lunch. should make tomorrow a little more fun ;)

Hey, look across the street, can you see my 40???

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I almost bought the stihl 026 pro but I know these impulse purchases are killing me so I brought my old crappy saw I like to cut dirt and rocks with. Bring plenty of chain oil. I swear that is the secret to long chain life.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Stihl MS290 :) New version of my dad's 029 which still works great, you can run it tomorrow.

Here's what you look like from here (sorry for the poor paint skills.. )

Attachments

• map.JPG
    map.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 176

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
You have to enjoy emails like this,

"Hello -

We did not get enough volunteers for the new OOH team. Would anyone like to consider volunteering to avoid having to force assign by inverse seniority? If so, please respond to this email by NOON on Wednesday, Oct. 25th."

Kipper

Hard Core 4+
that blows dude. tell Pam treeroot don't work no night shifts, kipper says so. i can't believe after 8 years on the job you are 4th from the bottom and not senior enough to get out of vampire shift. they must 1. pay well or 2. they are holding you hostage and threatening to kick your dog (cat) if you quit

if it's not safe to talk here, just say the secret code word

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I have fallen asleep at the wheel probably sixty times or so this year. One of these days it will catch up to me. Isn't it funny how our society views drunk driving but looks the other way when it comes to working long hours and sleep deprivation. I made the descision not to go back to nights for my safety and the safety of others. Now I might be forced to work nights. I have tried taking a 15 min nap before I drive home and I don't wake up. It is nice to go home for a little bit before I have to go back to work...

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
One of my first jobs was at Dunkin Donuts. I was 16 years old. Part of the deal was that you had to work a late night shift on the weekends at least once a month, 11 p.m. - 7 a.m. So I'd go to school all day on Friday, go out and party with my friends Friday night, then show up at work and work until 7 the next morning. I would fall asleep at the wheel on the way home.

To stay awake, I'd open all the windows in the car (it was winter), blast AC/DC on the radio, punch myself, move around as much as possible, etc.

Don't envy you, dude.

Maybe you need to buy a house nearby so you can walk home.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I fell asleep walking once. I never fell down that I know of but I woke up in the parking lot and I couldn't remember how I got there.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
treerootCO said:
I fell asleep walking once. I never fell down that I know of but I woke up in the parking lot and I couldn't remember how I got there.

:eek: :eek: You could move, or ever consider a new job:confused: . Sure sucks man. Reminds me of my friend Jason. Always stayed late at work. One night fell asleep after pulling a car into his bay. One of the managers came through the shop before closing down. Kinda freaked when he saw Jason sleeping.....

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
treerootCO said:

Your just getting older Mike. I find myself in a hall at work and wonder where the hell I was going:D

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I am really close to selling everything and buying a small ranch in Montana. :D

Is 29 too young to retire?