FCC Database Link

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I heard a rumour that one of the wives who is newly callsigned actually wanted that one. You would not want to be a spoilsport, now, wouldja?

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Puleez, I'm not getting a vanity call sign. I'm just a humble gear jamming, PBR-drinking, knuckle-draggin' Hilux driver.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Puleez, I'm not getting a vanity call sign. I'm just a humble gear jamming, PBR-drinking, knuckle-draggin' Hilux driver.

Give the man a kazillian miles of washboard two lane, a full tank of gas, some TSB's relating to nuclear physics, an hour for every 45 miles and a 2x3 government assigned handle and he will be happy as any man could be! :p: :flamingo: :bowdown:
yoda5.gif

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Hey, why do I need a special government relocation code? The one auto assigned is easy for me to understand when my case worker calls. Did we forget to mention that in ham class? Your FCC call sign is really a CIA re-education identifier. All stuff we talked about, just a cover for the Major League Baseball guy in the back of the class erasing your memory. As you can probably tell, my progress is pretty far along. I made great leaps when I jammed a fork in the microwave safety switch so that I don't have to close the door to make it run.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
So how long does it take to get the vanity call sign applied? I see that I am 'pending application', and that it was reviewed on 3/13. Is there some action I need to take?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
So how long does it take to get the vanity call sign applied? I see that I am 'pending application', and that it was reviewed on 3/13. Is there some action I need to take?

It takes longer than you might think -- 3 weeks was what it took for me. I actually called the FCC because I thought I needed to do something else. "No, just wait." And eventually it came through.

Did you do it all online?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm just upset that K0PEG and K0PS are taken. Although KB0OBS is not... I do wish H1LUX was a valid call sign.

This cracks me up. I wonder if they would actually give it to you? I'm guessing not.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yup. Required some braille skills. :lmao:

I did mine all online too, except that I did print the form out, sign it, and mail it in. I thought this was required, since it shows that a signature is required. However, a few days ago, I got a letter in the mail from the FCC stating that it was "dismissed" because it was a duplicate (I think). Their language is hard to parse. So I checked the FCC website in a panic, thinking that they had dismissed the entire application. Lo and behold, my new call sign had been granted and was online.

Their website could be improved with some usability testing.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Yeah, some QA person with the FCC called and asked about "my experience". I told her that with some help from my 4x4 club I was able to figure it out, but would have been befuddled otherwise! Told her pretty much the same thing you just said.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
It will happen. Some bureaucrat has to work through his/her queue.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I'm very happy to report that I have upgraded my ticket as of tonight:

Jeff Hamilton
KDØDHH (General):)
Broomfield

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Thanks guys! I am really happy that I can study something else for a while.

Now, I just need to figure out how to due the CBR from my HT to my (to be purchased) VT-710A in the '40, which then uses Sky Command to the TS-2000X at home to DX on HF. I figure I have a bit of time before we reach the solar maxima to get this all figured out (and purchased).;)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Karie's new call sign has been awarded: she is now K0FAR. Very cool, eh?

corsair23

Hard Core 4+

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
So how do you know when your vanity call has been accepted? I poked around and could see the thing in process, but that's as far as I could figure out. :confused: