FCC Database Link

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
am I the only one who gets this no matter what I search for?

Last Request was Canceled at Thu, Mar 6 at 11:44:17 EST on Server wireless2.fcc.gov:huldra
Please try again.

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Just put in your last name and zip code in the Licensee field. You'll get this until your info is available: No matches found To try again, you can perform a new search or refine your existing search.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
It works for me.
Doesn't return anything, but the search works.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I am not getting "no matches found" I am getting "Last Request was Canceled" even if I search for a call sign I know belongs to someone.

firewall issue. I go outside the firewall and it is fine. You can delete all of my posts here. :)

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I love the energy, but

be patient.

I think the earliest would be Friday that anyone sees anything. I tried "Farr" in the datatbase because I knew it will bring up Matt "Hulk" Farr to see if the datatbase is working. It is. Matt came up as the only one in the zipcode with that last name who has a license. Once one of you shows up, the others will likely be alphabetical behind (or in front of) them:).

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Once one of you shows up, the others will likely be alphabetical behind (or in front of) them:).

Oh great...Booted to the end of the line again :eek:. This constant last name prejudice and discrimination by the government has to stop. It is not fair I say :mad:. I'm thinking lawsuit...A cool $1M judgement should suffice :thumb:

Oh well...I guess I'll hold off checking until sometime next week then :hill:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Oh great...Booted to the end of the line again :eek:. This constant last name prejudice and discrimination by the government has to stop. It is not fair I say :mad:. I'm thinking lawsuit...A cool $1M judgement should suffice :thumb:

Oh well...I guess I'll hold off checking until sometime next week then :hill:

:lmao:

No, I mean the callsigns will be in alphabetical order. :lmao:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
:lmao:

No, I mean the callsigns will be in alphabetical order. :lmao:

Oh....Nevermind then :hill:

I really was looking forward to a nice settlement though :D

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I think they issue call signs in the order that you finished the test. Were you a speedy test taker?

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I think they issue call signs in the order that you finished the test. Were you a speedy test taker?

The FCC cares not who finished first. They do not issue by alphabetical order. It is random.
The bundle of tests will be sent to the FCC and then callsigns will be generated by how they are entered. If Mrs. Farr was first on the list, she gets the next available call. If Mr. Zettl is first, he does. The testing session VEC has nothing to do with who gets what call. We may not even see all sequential call signs, even though the group will be subbmitted at the same time. Gubment is like that.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I figure when the call sign comes, it comes. I've just been having fun :hill: - heck, I don't even have a radio yet that I can listen on let alone talk on so I'm in no hurry. And with a vowel challenged last name like I have it is always a crap shoot to see if whoever enters the information in gets it right or not. Sometimes I'm Zettle, Zehl, Zettel, etc. etc. :eek:

As far as the test taking, it wasn't near as "structured" as I though it would be which was fine by me. By that I mean we didn't all sit down at the same time, get tests, and then all start at the same time. Some started earlier than others, some finished earlier than others. Heck, 1/2 the group was still over at Chipotle eating burritos while others were already taking the test so by the time they started taking the test some of us were already done. In the end I think that worked out better for the VEs and VEC as it gave them a chance to sort of spread the overall load out a tad :thumb:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
So just how long does it TAKE the Feds to enter data, ANYWAY?!?

kboom.gif

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
took two or three weeks for me.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Wow. Guess it may have been a waste of time to get the radio installed for the Kokopelli Trail ride this weekend.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Wow. Guess it may have been a waste of time to get the radio installed for the Kokopelli Trail ride this weekend.
I don't think so. You can listen (and you should listen to repeaters and hams a lot at first to get the lingo and technique) and if it's an emergency, you have it there. I certainly would not be the one to encourage you to key up illegally or anything, but it's the middle of the desert and there's no one around.

Call signs are up!!!!!!! KD0DHU. They got my middle name wrong though.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Today's (3/11/08) new amateurs from Colorado. Congrats! I recognize most of you in here.

KD0DHG Hamilton, Melford S
KD0DHH Hamilton, Jeffrey A
KD0DHI Hoover, Corbet E
KD0DHJ Miller, Matthew T
KD0DHK Bosley, David D
KD0DHL Farr, Karie H
KD0DHM Buchanan, Timothy V
KD0DHN Stafford, Chris
KD0DHO Morgan Jr, William H
KD0DHP Yoder, Scott R
KD0DHQ Koons, Michael D
KD0DHR Chaney, Mark A
KD0DHS Prewitt II, William C
KD0DHT Zettl, Jeff S
KD0DHU Jones, Sean K

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Call signs are up!!!!!!! KD0DHU. They got my middle name wrong though.

they had my address wrong too. you can sign up to get into your account to make changes. you get a letter in a couple of weeks with a password so login to make changes. it won't show the changes on their website though (at least not right away, cause i changed mine and it's still wrong on the website.)