• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Exhaust Repair-Front Range Area Recommendations-'97 LC

masperk

Rock Stacker
Hello
I am looking some recommendations for exhaust shops or independent fabricator to build me an exhaust system from the Y-pipe to the tail pipe.
My Y-pipe is starting to leak.

Would it make more sense to just buy the magnuson or OEM Toyota Y-pipe w/cat and have the rest fabricated?

I have already replaced the manifold gaskets and new O2's
Looking to keep it as OEM routed as possible with new rubber isolators on the existing exhaust hanger locations.
Want to run new cats and muffler.
Denver Area or within and hour or so drive.

Thank you

Photo Jan 10 2023, 11 37 43 AM.jpg
Photo Aug 14 2021, 11 00 00 PM.jpg

Thank you

Last edited:

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Here are a few recommendations from a couple of recent threads; maybe something in there that works for you:

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
Wasn't super thrilled with House of Mufflers and Brakes, FYI.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
AA Performance Muffler - I think @Hulk just had the same repair done recently.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
A A Performance Muffler & Brakes
3898 S Broadway, Englewood, CO 80113
(303) 806-8634

Scotty and his crew will fix you up. He just repaired the Y pipe on my 80.

My understanding is the Magnuson Y pipe will break your heart over time.
Best to buy the OEM unit. I'm saving my nickels for a new one.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
The owner of this shop - BDM- did a fantastic job on my entire exhaust and muffler at a good price this summer. I highly recommend him. He had his guy redo it to get it right based on my concerns with my departure angles coming of rocks in on hard trails on in places like MOAB. He is off 6th Ave near Lakewood.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
The owner of this shop - BDM- did a fantastic job on my entire exhaust and muffler at a good price this summer. I highly recommend him. He had his guy redo it to get it right based on my concerns with my departure angles coming of rocks in on hard trails on in places like MOAB. He is off 6th Ave near Lakewood.
I second this recommendation. I have been hearing a funky exhaust noise on the right side of my 80 near the down pipes after October Moab run. I finally had an opportunity to take my truck down to BDM, no appointment needed, just dropped it off and they were able to diagnose it as two leaking gaskets. I also asked them to replace the resonator so they chopped off the old one and welded on a new one all in the same day. No more funky noises. Price was decent too.