Drive Like A Girl: Spring Lunch & Tie Dye Party 05/18th

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
This may be the last off trail trail brunch till fall and we start hitting the trails. :kevin:
Dom and I will be hosting this brunch! If your SO or a friend wants to join have them come by. All are welcome to do some tie dyeing, getting your brunch on or hanging out in the garage. It would be super fun to see some of these shirts out on trail soon. ๐Ÿ˜

For the tie dye bring something 100% cotton. Shirt, dress, bandana, hoodie (maybe). Please wash it before the brunch and then we will do the rest of the prep at our place. We should have enough dye to make a couple things.

I have a dye kitchen here at the house and will supply dyes and associated materials needed.
I may need help with squeeze bottles. Disclaimer, the jars and pots I will be using for set up and dye stock have contained my acid dyes. Why is this important, my acid dyes are NOT FOOD SAFE. So if I need help with squeeze bottles you cannot use them for edibles again. I will keep everyone posted on that. You may like this so much you start your own tie dye set up. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

UPDATE
Guests are welcome to arrive at 11am
I will have soak stations set up for your tie-dye blanks when you arrive.
Dom will man grill and we will supply burgers, weiners, buns, pasta salad, tea and lemonade. I may have ginger whiskey to mix with. Other booze is BYOB please.
We would love some help with sides, dessert and shade. If bringing something let us know so we don't have repeats. ๐Ÿ™‚

@DomOfTheDead and yarncruiser
@VoodooBlue_Vixen
@MonPetiteShoe and Sara
@The Rock FurRunner
@SaintAgatha
@DanS ?
@Cruisertrash and Karen
@that'swhatshesaid and @Eyepain ?
Rachel and +1
Luisa
@Canonyero
@gungriffin and Amy
@On the RX Marshe
Maybe
@NotyourmomsWife

If I have missed someome let me know. Making a list to determine how much I need of certian things.

Last edited:

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
This is such a fun idea Brandi! I love tie-dye. I'm adding it to my calendar!
What kind of squeeze bottles are you needing? Do you have a link to find them online?

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
It will be great to have you! Just the standard kitchen ones. I have a few but they pour fast, so you don't have that much control. The tip is important ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿคฃ. It would be fun to have the standard size and maybe some minis.

New Star Foodservice 26146 Squeeze Bottles, Plastic, 12 oz, Clear, Pack of 6 https://a.co/d/gjP2gRz

Color wise I am planning on turqoiuse, magenta and yellow to cover primaries, plus black. I am looking at more colors as well. It's nice to not have to mix everything for different colors.

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Rad, thank you. I will be grabbing a few more to. Will help us mix more colors to. ๐Ÿ™‚

Trail Bum

Rising Sun Member
You guys have so much fun! I wish I could attend and am so bummed not to be there, but I've got a work trip that is getting in the way of this. Hopefully, you'll have another tie-dye party soon.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member

Attachments

• b1a34ae68521df26f7abd77771f8642a.jpg
    b1a34ae68521df26f7abd77771f8642a.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 10

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
@NotyourmomsWife I will keep everyome updated on that. Still figuring out what I want to make. So far I have settled on pickle dip. ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

The Rock FurRunner

Brand New
This may be the last off trail trail brunch till fall and we start hitting the trails. :kevin:
Dom and I will be hosting this brunch! If your SO or a friend wants to join have them come by. All are welcome to do some tie dyeing, getting your brunch on or hanging out in the garage. It would be super fun to see some of these shirts out on trail soon. ๐Ÿ˜

For the tie dye bring something 100% cotton. Shirt, dress, bandana, hoodie (maybe). Please wash it before the brunch and then we will do the rest of the prep at our place. We should have enough dye to make a couple things.

I have a dye kitchen here at the house and will supply dyes and associated materials needed.
I may need help with squeeze bottles. Disclaimer, the jars and pots I will be using for set up and dye stock have contained my acid dyes. Why is this important, my acid dyes are NOT FOOD SAFE. So if I need help with squeeze bottles you cannot use them for edibles again. I will keep everyone posted on that. You may like this so much you start your own tie dye set up. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
Sounds fun! I'd love to join!

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Last edited:

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@Yarn Cruiser We have some Rit liquid fabric dyes and squeeze bottles already. Happy to bring those if we come.

I'll throw this out there:
Karen and I just silk screened shirts for one of our bands. It was our first time and we had some help burning the screen, but the actual printing was really easy. I have a small empty silk screen that's maybe 6"x5" that we could use to print a small logo or something to commemorate the event. If somebody designs something simple I could try to burn it on the screen, although I'm not super good at that yet. It would need to be a basic one-color thing, a black and white image would work for making the screen and then we could pick an ink color for printing. We have all the rest of the stuff to do it: ink, squeegee, etc. This might be WAY too much to incorporate though! Happy to leave this idea on the cutting room floor.