• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Did someone forget to tell the Wolves?

J1000

Rising Sun Member
The wolves are moving. This map is based on evidence of wolf activity in water sheds, so they haven't covered the whole purple area, but have been to each watershed inside the purple area.

Looks like they are probably venturing into WY and coming nearly to Boulder County. Just a matter of time before they clash with humans and are killed or do the killing themselves.

Note: all 10 wolves have GPS trackers but they won't release the data publicly.

MonthlyCollaredWolfActivityAreaMap_Feb2024.jpg

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Somewhat off topic...I was just in Whistler the last week and a half for work, and I was driving between Whistler and Pemberton just after dark. I saw a very large canine run across the forest road in front of me with another set of eyes waiting just below the trail. I couldn't tell if it was a coyote, so I shared the story that night with a local at a restaurant. He said there have been TONS of gray wolf sightings in the area the last few weeks and was betting that's what it was. The area is truly stunning, and I saw a bear, lots of golden and bald eagles, deer, and other creatures, with the wolf being my fav (from the comfort of a vehicle of course).

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Somewhat off topic...I was just in Whistler the last week and a half for work, and I was driving between Whistler and Pemberton just after dark. I saw a very large canine run across the forest road in front of me with another set of eyes waiting just below the trail. I couldn't tell if it was a coyote, so I shared the story that night with a local at a restaurant. He said there have been TONS of gray wolf sightings in the area the last few weeks and was betting that's what it was. The area is truly stunning, and I saw a bear, lots of golden and bald eagles, deer, and other creatures, with the wolf being my fav (from the comfort of a vehicle of course).
I'd love to see one in the wild someday... for now I'll have to settle for my velcro dog lol

shellb

Hard Core 4+
The wolves are moving. This map is based on evidence of wolf activity in water sheds, so they haven't covered the whole purple area, but have been to each watershed inside the purple area.

Looks like they are probably venturing into WY and coming nearly to Boulder County. Just a matter of time before they clash with humans and are killed or do the killing themselves.

Note: all 10 wolves have GPS trackers but they won't release the data publicly.

View attachment 127300

Continues to be fascinating! I have no “dog” in this fight…but absolutely love data and seeing how much they move is wild! Pun intended…

cbmontgo

Hard Core 4+
I saw a black one up in Wyoming years ago. Was pretty impressive.

Also had a HUGE one walk up to my house in Divide in 2020. Turned out to be an escapee from a wolf sanctuary. My son and I got a kick out of it. Not something you get to see every day.