• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Dead from Grand Junction

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Moab was a blast as always. The trip home not so much.

Mile marker 30+ now has a stripe. Not sure what blew, looks like the front pinion seal but since I was in 2WD it doesn't make sense. Maybe Steel Bender lived up to it's name?

AAA towed it to Safari LTD, wheeled with a Safari guy and had his card in my pocket, oh well a day of rest in the Hampden Inn isn't all bad.

Last edited:

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Ouch!!:eek:

Good luck with the repair and enjoy the rest:thumb:

wesintl

RS Moderator
bummer chris. on a good note it's going to safari, I'm sure hugh will get you on your way. If There is anything we can do from home let us know.

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Thanks guys, I'm confident Safari will help me just fine, just wish I knew what happened. Cool how many people stopped in the 35 minutes I was there. 6 people in 3 rigs I did runs with, 2 total strangers, 1 old friend.

Not cool how many FJC's flew by looking the other way.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
What time did this happen Chris?, a few of us went by Grand Junction about noon and didn't see you.

Hugh will take care of you.

Let us know if you need anything

Chris

Hard Core 4+
We were about an hour behind you Ken. It's all good, we made sure our AAA was current before leaving. Never needed it before.

Barb convinced me a week was enough in Moab so we headed home. Women's intuition? :p:

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
I must have passed you just before that happened. (Silver 4Runner behind a black Excursion). We were leapfrogging on the hills, then you weren't there anymore...

Sounds like you're being well taken care of, though.

Mark

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Bummer Bro, let us know if you need rescuing okay? I hope it is an easy (read inexpensive) fix... :thumb:

...btw, when did you stop being "redcruiser?"

Chris

Hard Core 4+
I must have passed you just before that happened. (Silver 4Runner behind a black Excursion). We were leapfrogging on the hills, then you weren't there anymore...

Sounds like you're being well taken care of, though.

Mark

Yep, I could catch up on the downhill only to fade back going uphill, true 62 performance. :lmao:

Bummer Bro, let us know if you need rescuing okay? I hope it is an easy (read inexpensive) fix... :thumb:

...btw, when did you stop being "redcruiser?"

Not as easy as a leaf spring center bolt on the trail Drew. ;)

(Red Cruiser ended pretty much when I sold FJ62.com to Woody/Mud and picked up my 55 and got involved with Front Range 4x4.)

Thanks guys, hoping it's not a big deal but :dunno:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Sorry to hear it. You must've been off the highway by the time Markofsky and I blasted through Grand Junction about 6:00 p.m.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Bummer :(

I hope we didn't miss seeing you broken down...We left Moab right about 10am so we were probably just ahead of you and somewhere behind Romer. I saw a few folks on the way back....

Rompies blasted by us right just before I70 of Hwy 191 and we quickly lost sight of him on I70...Passed the BJ60 (NGIRI license plate) before the border...Passed Hatfield at the bottom (West side) of Vail Pass and then caught up with the Morgan family on the opposite side of Vail Pass. We cheated though and the FIL met us in Eagle with his Dodge and drug the popup back to their place for us :D - Only used a 1/2 tank of gas from Glenwood Springs to home. Even pulling the popup he left us in the dust going up the hills :eek:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Doh!

Sorry about the break down Chris. I hope you get it squared away and it's not anything too major.

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Better to have happened on I-70 than Steel Bender which I suspect was the point of damage, suspecting t-case myself.

Just talked to Hugh and should know before very long whether I'm renting a car or driving the 62 home today.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Bummer :(

Rompies blasted by us right just before I70 of Hwy 191 and we quickly lost sight of him on I70...

Jeff, sorry about that:eek:. I did not see the sign to merge, behind the big truck, so all of a sudden we were down to one lane. Was hoping you would catch me so I could say sorry in person. I was in a hurry to get back so I could make it to my hockey game, play offs you know :eek:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Jeff, sorry about that:eek:. I did not see the sign to merge, behind the big truck, so all of a sudden we were down to one lane. Was hoping you would catch me so I could say sorry in person. I was in a hurry to get back so I could make it to my hockey game, play offs you know :eek:

No worries Tom...Scared the bejeezers out of the :Princess: though. As for catching you...Not a chance. Maybe without the popup attached.

Chris

Hard Core 4+
We made it home this evening in a Ford Focus.

Looks like the old A440F has seen it's last mile and seized. I'm waiting for Hugh to confirm for certain but it's not looking good. He has a couple replacements on hand but after discussing it Barb and I decided a 5 speed would be a better replacement. Anyone want to buy a pig?