Cruise Moab Cruise Moab trail leader training with Bill Burke 3/9/24 & 3/10/24

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We are setting up another trail leader training class for the 2024 Cruise Moab event. Cruise Moab needs volunteers for trail leaders during the event and this is the best training opportunity for anyone interested in helping out. This class will be taught by Bill Burke and Chris Nelson. Bill is a renowned guide and recovery expert, Chris is a I4WDTA master trainer. Both gentlemen provide training for major automotive manufacturers and government agencies so it awesome that they take time to help our club and event. Priority students are those leading trails at Cruise Moab 2024, a $50 reimbursement to the trainees for each trail they lead at Cruise Moab that year. This is open to Rising Sun members and non members alike.

When: March 9 & 10 2024
Where: Grand Junction, CO
830am at the Grand masonic lodge 2400 Consistory Ct, Grand Junction, CO 81501

park in the back of the building, north side parking lot
What to bring: gloves, clothing to accommodate variable weather conditions, something to take notes with, sunscreen, water bottle (there is a drinking fountain in the lodge as well as bathrooms), sack lunch is recommended but there are restaurants available locally.
What this class covers: dynamics of on trail group management, emphasis on tread lightly principles with the delicate ecosystem of the Moab area, spotting signaling and communication, first aid basics and many other topics relating to our event. Class schedule is typically mornings inside the lodge, classroom style discussions and learning and after lunch, in field exercises depending on weather conditions.
During in field exercises carpooling is encouraged with a 10 vehicle max for those portions of the class only.

Deadline for cancellation is Wednesday February 14, cancellation after that date will still require full payment of your portion. class cost will be calculated at that time and deadline for payment is Friday March 1

Update:

Class cost is $2000 total for both days. 20 students = $100 per person, 15 students = $134, ect. Payment details will be posted as
20 students max.
Lodging in Grand junction is recommended

1. @hitchhiker
2. @Ann
3. @ripeart
4. @ferretlegger
5. @levi
6. @Sean Solo
7. @crunchy.taco.supreme
8. @NotyourmomsWife
9. @damon
10. @TeeYoda_Jim
11. @generalleia
12. @Wheeelingals
13. @Nomadic_T4r
14. @twopullupeddie
15. @that'swhatshesaid
16. @chillbill
17. @Hickler
18. @norserunner
19. @MonPetiteShoe
20. Sara needs a forum name

maybes
@bh4rnnr

Last edited:

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I may come but likely as an observer, subject to change on participation. Willing to pay for my spot either way.

hitchhiker

Rising Sun Member
Put me and my mom on the list Dom! :)

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Would love to finally attend one of these. Just depends n how things are going for this coming winter/spring.

:beer: :beer:

levi

Rising Sun Member
What level of experience should trail leaders have? Would join to learn in a heartbeat but not entirely sure what business I have leading anyone (yet!).

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
What level of experience should trail leaders have? Would join to learn in a heartbeat but not entirely sure what business I have leading anyone (yet!).
This is open to all level of experience. The goal is to help establish a comfort level and confidence to lead trails at Cruise Moab

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
This is open to all level of experience. The goal is to help establish a comfort level and confidence to lead trails at Cruise Moab
You will also need to be familiar enough with the trail itself to lead it. I would strongly recommend going on the pre-run for this if you are wanting to lead a trail for Cruise Moab. IF you do all that and want to lead shoot me an email at trailboss@cruisemoab.com with which trails and preferred days you want to lead! :)

levi

Rising Sun Member
You will also need to be familiar enough with the trail itself to lead it. I would strongly recommend going on the pre-run for this if you are wanting to lead a trail for Cruise Moab. IF you do all that and want to lead shoot me an email at trailboss@cruisemoab.com with which trails and preferred days you want to lead! :)
Awesome! I’ll do some research & then shoot you an email.

levi

Rising Sun Member
We are setting up another trail leader training class for the 2024 Cruise Moab event. Cruise Moab needs volunteers for trail leaders during the event and this is the best training opportunity for anyone interested in helping out. This class will be taught by Bill Burke and Chris Nelson. Bill is a renowned guide and recovery expert, Chris is a I4WDTA master trainer. Both gentlemen provide training for major automotive manufacturers and government agencies so it awesome that they take time to help our club and event. Priority students are those leading trails at Cruise Moab 2024, a $50 reimbursement to the trainees for each trail they lead at Cruise Moab that year. This is open to Rising Sun members and non members alike.

What this class covers: dynamics of on trail group management, emphasis on tread lightly principles with the delicate ecosystem of the Moab area, spotting signaling and communication, first aid basics and many other topics relating to our event.

Update:
Class cost is $2000 total for both days. 20 students = $100 per person, 15 students = $134, ect.
20 students max.

1. @hitchhiker
2. @Ann
3. @ripeart
Count me in for the class too, thanks!

Camo80

Rising Sun Member

What this class covers: dynamics of on trail group management, emphasis on tread lightly principles with the delicate ecosystem of the Moab area, spotting signaling and communication, first aid basics and many other topics relating to our event.

Update:
Class cost is $2000 total for both days. 20 students = $100 per person, 15 students = $134, ect.
20 students max.

1. @hitchhiker
2. @Ann
3. @ripeart
Dom - not sure yet. Checking with Brothers & availability. I’ve missed the last 4-5 meets due to work and I’ll miss Jan 3 also. I’m 50/50 and likely would take 2 slots

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Would love to finally attend one of these. Just depends n how things are going for this coming winter/spring.

:beer: :beer:
Commit and get the time off work. I find it hard to believe you have never been to a class? You already have skills and you'll confirm what you know and learn more!

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
Would you mind counting me as "tentative yes" @DomOfTheDead ?

I absolutely want to attend. But I need to also let a few big PTO/financial waves settle out before I completely commit. If the class fills up, then please give my tentative spot to someone else.

Should we throw out an invite on the Wasatch Cruisers forum? Idk if there's already one, my bad if I missed it.

Allen

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Is this class still open? And would it be ok for a Moab resident that has gunned a few trails and would like to eventually maybe lead them?
Michael
Yes this is still open. Welcome

Update:
20 students max.

1. @hitchhiker
2. @Ann
3. @ripeart
4. @ferretlegger
5. @levicook
6. @Sean Solo
7. cruchy.taco.supreme -wasatch cruisers

maybes
@NotyourmomsWife
@bh4rnnr
@Camo80 +1
@allen.wrench
Hey Dom! On this forum I am X001AM. I just submitted to change my name on this forum to match my Wasatch Cruisers name crunchy.taco.supreme