Cruise Moab Cruise Moab 2024 Pre Run

what dates work the best for the Cruise Moab pre run?

• Total voters

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Did we land on a date for this?

allen.wrench

Rising Sun Member
I updated my votes to avoid EJS. It might be the folks who initially voted for that weekend (like I had) haven't updated their votes.

Is a "re-vote" possible so folks reconsider that EJS weekend?

Allen

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Here's the poll results so far, including who voted for each date. It's a tie between March 15-17 and March 22-24. Considering that Easter Jeep starts on March 23, it seems to me that March 15-17 should be the winner.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 3.13.58 PM.png

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
UPDATE
The Cruise Moab 2024 pre run is scheduled for March 15-17.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I am in!!

Ty is a maybe depending on school. Con is probably out due to VB.

I am helping Dom this year get this trip planned and coordinated onsite. I think the camp site we had last year was pretty decent for an hq, nice and big and open but I still had cell service there, bathrooms not too far away, easy to find at night. etc.

Unfortunately we will not know the trails selected until that weekend, so we will not have an up to date list of trails we need leaders for, but @NotyourmomsWife will let us know some of the trails we always seem to need leaders for. But please post up what trails you would like to lead but would like to run it with some "experts" :) first and we can get a good schedule for what trails we will be running at the pre run and who can lead them.

I think my first CM pre-run was over 15 years ago and I still get excited for this trip!!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Con is probably out due to VB.

Visual Basic (VB) is a high-level programming language from Microsoft. It's a good thing to learn while you're young.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Visual Basic (VB) is a high-level programming language from Microsoft. It's a good thing to learn while you're young.
Con played JV as a freshman on the South Volleyball team last year. 😛 And I used to be Visual Basic MS certified back in the day...did I mention I wrote 2 books on MS Access? But I digress......

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I should be able to make the March 15-17 pre-runs. I am also planning to take the Bill Burke seminar. As always, if anyone is in need of tools or a place to fix their rig my garage shop will be available.
Michael
Rickybobby.jpg

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I should be able to make the March 15-17 pre-runs. I am also planning to take the Bill Burke seminar. As always, if anyone is in need of tools or a place to fix their rig my garage shop will be available.
Michael
Why haven't I ever met or run across you in Moab?

ferretlegger

New-ish
Hello Brian,
I did come by your house a few years ago with donuts before a prerun. I think I rode along with Cliff Hall on 7 Mile Rim. I am gradually getting to the point where I think I may have something to contribute, both in terms of shop stuff and also on the trail. I did meet Lisa last year after gunning 7 Mile Rim and Metal Masher.
Michael

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
@Yarn Cruiser and I hope to be there if everything works out but at this point we are a wild card. Her truck isn't road worthy yet, the taco has a nasty clunk still and now my 80 has death wobble.:cautious:

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
you should talk to @Notyourmomslx450 about that..... hes well versed at this point lol
most of my tie rod ends are toast and I bent a lower control arm on the rear axle at some point in time last year so I will be starting from there.

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
I would like to go a lot. But my time frame puts there more Sunday/Monday. I don't think I will be.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
most of my tie rod ends are toast and I bent a lower control arm on the rear axle at some point in time last year so I will be starting from there.
That's where Andy started as well, replaced everything and then still had issues, he can go into more detail that I can obviously but I know there were some steering box adjustments and mount issues along with tires - which weren't in horrible shape but seemed to be contributing the most to the wobble.