Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Congratulations to ALL of our new HAM operators. Everyone should be proud of the ability that they have now earned. USE IT and HAVE FUN!!:D

Thanks to Ricardo, Brian and Dave for all of their help. Now we need to get together and figure out how the radios work!:lmao:

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
thanks everybody! :cheers: exciting to see so many join in tonight!

looking forward to getting my general to help out with future VEC stuff too!

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
HUGE thanks to my Elmers that made passing the test possible :thumb:

I'm not sure about that General test though...It all looked like Greek to me :eek: :D

Now, to get a rig, get it installed, and start....listening :hill:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for pulling this together for us. And thanks again for the burritos Nathaniel.

I didn't so well on the test. Missed 6 questions. There were definitely many questions I had never seen, not even on Brian's master question list that he posted. I got a false sense of confidence from doing so well on all the practice tests. I was only expecting to miss about 2. Mrs. Farr smoked me and only missed 1. :bowdown:

Oh well, I'm over it since I PASSED!:cheers:

Now on to the radio purchase.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I bet all the cheap rigs in CL are going to get snatched up fast the next few weeks!! :)

T

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Just want to add my thanks to Nathaniel and crew for motivating those among us who needed it. I guess it's time to read the threads on what to buy.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
There's always this radio: :D

Attachments

• Ten_Tech1359_1.JPG
    Ten_Tech1359_1.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 237

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Yay! Passed my General tonight up in Boulder, so now I'll I gotta do is get my Call Sign and then at some point get a radio! :thumb:

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Congratulations Matt!:thumb:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yay! Passed my General tonight up in Boulder, so now I'll I gotta do is get my Call Sign and then at some point get a radio! :thumb:

Pretty slick, Mr. Miller. :thumb:

I wonder how often that happens -- guy comes in and passes his general before he has even been issued a call sign for passing his technician's. I'd be afraid of confusing a bureaucrat somewhere at the FCC, personally. :rolleyes:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Well it would pretty much be the same thing as taking your general and passing it the same night as you take tech, I think. We'll see what happens. I took Amateur Extra just for grins, got 25 questions right, but realized that there is way more information needed in order to pass that test than I am interested in learning right now!

The VEs at this test were pretty creepy too, as in whitey-tighty creepy...the one VE was SO excited about phase angles so I humored him because he wanted to share it with me...so then we went into a 1/2 hour discussion about ELI the ICE man :rolleyes: I remembered that from school so it wasn't too bad (especially since I'll need to know that for the PE anyway), but then he started talking about how that applies to some kind of Amateur Satellite charts and it was not too long after that point that I started REALLY not caring...

BTW if anybody is going up to that location ever to take a test, it is NOT at 287 and S. Boulder Road, it's closer to McCaslin and S. Boulder Road - Google was wrong and so I was running on adrenaline for about 15 minutes trying to find the place and get in the room before 7pm, turned out they didn't really care whether you showed up on time or not.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Did you go to the Morman Church here in Louisville?

Well it would pretty much be the same thing as taking your general and passing it the same night as you take tech, I think. We'll see what happens. I took Amateur Extra just for grins, got 25 questions right, but realized that there is way more information needed in order to pass that test than I am interested in learning right now!

The VEs at this test were pretty creepy too, as in whitey-tighty creepy...the one VE was SO excited about phase angles so I humored him because he wanted to share it with me...so then we went into a 1/2 hour discussion about ELI the ICE man :rolleyes: I remembered that from school so it wasn't too bad (especially since I'll need to know that for the PE anyway), but then he started talking about how that applies to some kind of Amateur Satellite charts and it was not too long after that point that I started REALLY not caring...

BTW if anybody is going up to that location ever to take a test, it is NOT at 287 and S. Boulder Road, it's closer to McCaslin and S. Boulder Road - Google was wrong and so I was running on adrenaline for about 15 minutes trying to find the place and get in the room before 7pm, turned out they didn't really care whether you showed up on time or not.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
yep.