Caravans

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
well, come along..

Thanks for the offer, but have already told Tim I will ride out with him. I will be out there soon enough:)

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Wednesday afternoon here, have graduation practice at 4pm :rant: CB4 and maybe at my lightning fast 70-75 mph (oh yeah my 40 can do it!) I *might* catch up to some of yous, or at the very least arrive in Moab while it's still Wednesday.

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
Wes,
I have to wait for the Hotel Rock overnight Permit to show up on Monday about 10:30.... I used to wheel and camp in Dark Canyon and Beef basin back in the early 90's (with 2 jeeps).. there are some AWSOME Anasazi Ruins there.
look real careful because the good ones can be hard to see, and blen in well (i guess that why they are still there).

If i would have known sooner i would have headed out there with ya... The trail going to E-hill from there had 1 tricky spot (again back in 95), but your rig will have no problem. There are also some trails down there that can give you some interesting pin stripes because of the overgrown brush.

Perry we can plan a trip out there this fall. it's been a few years but i think i could remember where some of those really cool ruins are if you are up for a bit of hiking...

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
So it's just me and Extr3m3 for Wednesday morning so far. Two 40 are better than one any day. :)

Wish I had been able to pull off those extra days Wes. I really wanted to check out that area. Have fun!

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Wednesday morning for Jay and I, I think we are planning on leaving around 4am. Will be towing also so 60 uphill and 75 down unlass I do not care about the MPG. No CB in the DD but I will have the cell and FSR radios, chanel 7.

Myredyota

Trail Ready
4 am sounds more my speed! Maybe we could meet at the top of Lookout (wildlife viewing area)? How fast are you going to cruise across the flat areas?:thumb:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
So it sounds like a bunch of us are heading out pretty close to the same time:

Myredyota
RockRunner
Scaldeddog
Extr3m3
and Myself

We should try to decide on a time and place. I'm cool with 4 - 6 am, lets pick a spot.

We might have Corsair23 and Subzali rolling in late, or bringing up the rear if we are slower than expected. :D

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Anyone heading out Monday morning? We didn't make it today... :(

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Anyone heading out Monday morning? We didn't make it today... :(

Looks like Monday afternoon for us now :(

The plug from the popup coming up about 6" short put a damper in 'da plans :mad:. Got extra length spliced in now but the running lights on the trailer aren't working :confused:. Blinkers work, brake lights work, but no running lights. I'm a bit puzzled but oh well. This means no early/late driving for me with the trailer.

Our new plan is to leave late afternoon, stay in Grand Junction, and arrive in Moab midday Tuesday now.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
So it sounds like a bunch of us are heading out pretty close to the same time:

Myredyota
RockRunner
Scaldeddog
Extr3m3
and Myself

We should try to decide on a time and place. I'm cool with 4 - 6 am, lets pick a spot.

We might have Corsair23 and Subzali rolling in late, or bringing up the rear if we are slower than expected. :D

We're planning to leave the Starbucks at Ken Caryl and C470 at 6AM, though I think we could be talked into a bit earlier. Black Excursion with a silver 4Runner on the trailer. CB19, till we hook up with someone.

Mark

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
4 am sounds more my speed! Maybe we could meet at the top of Lookout (wildlife viewing area)? How fast are you going to cruise across the flat areas?:thumb:

Not really sure, this is the first time towing the 4runner on a trailer so we'll see. I would imagine 70 should be OK, not to slow but not burning to much gas either. With gas prices going up I just added another C note to the cost.

I will be driving a dark gray GMC with a tanish 4runner on a trailer.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
We're planning to leave the Starbucks at Ken Caryl and C470 at 6AM, though I think we could be talked into a bit earlier. Black Excursion with a silver 4Runner on the trailer. CB19, till we hook up with someone.

Mark

Mark, we are up for earlier. Want to leave the house around 4 so we can be at C4 and I70 around 5 am. We don't have a cb in the tow truck but will have the FSR radios on channel 7. I drive a dark gray GMC crew cab with a tanish 4runner on a brwon trailer.

Not sure of my speed but I should do OK.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
So it sounds like those of you towing will beheading up I-70 by 5am or so.

If Extr3m3 and I meet in Downieville around 5am, you'll likely catch up to us. I'll be on CB 4 in a green FJ40 with a black top.

:thumb: :beer:

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Looks like Monday afternoon for us now :(

The plug from the popup coming up about 6" short put a damper in 'da plans :mad:. Got extra length spliced in now but the running lights on the trailer aren't working :confused:. Blinkers work, brake lights work, but no running lights. I'm a bit puzzled but oh well. This means no early/late driving for me with the trailer.

Our new plan is to leave late afternoon, stay in Grand Junction, and arrive in Moab midday Tuesday now.

Bummer. No technical excuses here... just family stuff. :rolleyes:

Doing the final packing now. Sounds like we'll be a few hours ahead of you. We're planning to get to Moab by this evening. :D

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
My plan is to head out mid-morning Tuesday, hopefully get on to I-70 at the El-Rancho interchange around 10-11:00 AM or so. Stop for lunch and fuel in Glennwood around 1-2:00PM or so, and roll in to Slickrock around 5:00PM or so.

Myredyota

Trail Ready
So it sounds like those of you towing will beheading up I-70 by 5am or so.

If Extr3m3 and I meet in Downieville around 5am, you'll likely catch up to us. I'll be on CB 4 in a green FJ40 with a black top.

:thumb: :beer:

Where in Downieville? I know, "What's in Downieville?" 5AM sounds good for me. I will just need to get some ice and go pee!

Beater

Hard Core 4+
leaving tonight around 5pm from dcd (denver city denver) channel 19