Caravans

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I'm heading out to Moab early early Wednesday morning. I was wondering if anyone else in a slow vehicle is going to be driving that way at the same time and would want to caravan.

:thumb:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I think wes is leaving Sunday in his BJ70, you may catch up to him :D

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Hopefully leaving Monday around 9 or 10am pulling the popup with the LX. I have a feeling it may be slow so you might even catch up with me :)

If for some reason we get delayed even more and don't leave till Wednesday I'll let you know. I don't mind going slow if you don't mind stopping for potty breaks :hill:

I prefer to travel with a small group than alone for safety reasons :thumb:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I don't mind going slow if you don't mind stopping for potty breaks :hill:

You can always tell the folks with kids. You'll unlearn that word when you turn to your teenager and ask her if she needs to go "potty":eek:

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
We'll be leaving from Littleton around 6AM Wednesday. I'm towing, so I can do 60-65mph or so up the big hills, and 75mph west of Glenwood. I'll be on CB19, or PM me for my cell number.

Mark

Myredyota

Trail Ready
I was hoping to leave earlier Wednesday morning. 70mph and under for me. I can probably make it to Fruita before I need gas, but my bladder won't make it that long!!!:hill:

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
If anyone has problems near Vail feel free to call me. 970-foursevenO-1102. I'm leaving tuesday 11am Vail to DIA then back to Moab. But I'll be here all weekend. It's all downhill from Vail Pass to Rabbit Valley.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
My plan is to leave Tuesday afternoon, but if that gets fouled, Wednesday AM. I'll be doing about 90-95 MPH (nice to have an 80 ..... but so many of us have 80's now that no one gives us a hard time anymore. Now back in the old days when I was one of the first built 80's....)

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
If anyone has problems near Vail feel free to call me. 970-foursevenO-1102. I'm leaving tuesday 11am Vail to DIA then back to Moab. But I'll be here all weekend. It's all downhill from Vail Pass to Rabbit Valley.

PM me if you want to see if it would work for your DIA guest to cab/bus it to downtown Denver for a ride up to Vail. I'll have plenty of room and it wil give more incentive to leave that day!

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I think wes is leaving Sunday in his BJ70, you may catch up to him :D

:D we can follow the smoke trail.

I prefer to travel with a small group than alone for safety reasons :thumb:

Same with me, I trust my old cruisers, but it's always good to have a safety net.

Sounds like several of us are going early Wednesday. My 40 tops out at about 60-65 and is a fuel hog with no spare tank, so I'm stopping often.. Maybe we could determine a rondezvous point and a time and head out. I would like to get into Moab at a reasonable hour to allow for time for registration/inspection/meetings/ hanging out.

Is everyone coming from the Denver area and heading up 70? If so, maybe we could meet up at the Downieville burger king off 70 at 6am and go from there?

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Is everyone coming from the Denver area and heading up 70? If so, maybe we could meet up at the Downieville burger king off 70 at 6am and go from there?

:lmao: 6am? Not with my kids unless they go to bed in the LX the night before :hill:

But I might be able to catch up with you. I plan to take I70 the whole way (well till 191 anyway) so if we don't leave till Wednesday we'll keep an eye out for folks :thumb:

Are any of you guys that are leaving on wed morning driving through the Durango/Cortez area on the way? I am planning on leaving sometime wed morning from Durango, if anyone wants to caravan up to Moab.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Sunday or monday REAL early. I'm going down to montecello or blanding and heading into dark canyon, beef basin, ehill, and up lockhart basin solo if anyone wants to join. Be at slickrock wed sometime.

btw.. I'll pass you again when you stop for gas :D

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I am probably leaving Tuesday afternoon... if not, 7ish on Wednesday..

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Our *plan* is to leave around 9am on Sunday. If we are delayed too much, we'll leave on Monday instead.

We'll be on CB4. :)

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Sunday or monday REAL early. I'm going down to montecello or blanding and heading into dark canyon, beef basin, ehill, and up lockhart basin solo if anyone wants to join. Be at slickrock wed sometime.

btw.. I'll pass you again when you stop for gas :D

Jerk, be sure and take lots of pics!!! So want to explore that area:beer: :beer:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
My dad and I will be heading out Sunday if everything works out. CB channel 4 if I stop playing on the internets and go install the CB in the GMC :)