Bolt size Q

IanB

Are the small bolts that stop spring pins from spinning on a 40 a standard JIS bolt? Part #23 below. I have the old ones but want new ones and want to know if I can get them at Fastenal.

Attachments

• 102a2.gif
    102a2.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 882

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
New ones? Chrome plated? I usually just clean mine up.

Going for the Bling factor, Ian? :)

BTW, I gave the 55 column to Kevin last night.

Good luck!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Stock spring center pin bolts are M8x1.25 with 12mm head. That's JIS. Aftermarket are whatever.

Edit: Should have paid closer attention to the original post: The spring end pin bolts are also M8 x 1.25 with 12mm head JIS. IIRC stock is about 25mm long. In that applicatiob DIN/ISO will also work, as there is plenty of clearance for the 13mm heads. Also in that application, in my experience, those bolts don't matter to get you home :)

Last edited:

IanB

Shark Bait said:
Going for the Bling factor, Ian? :)

Not exactly, but I have the the sandblasted/painted springs and the brand new OME greasable shackles and greasable pins on the sandblasted and painted frame and new ubolts and center pins and... it just seems a damn shame to put rusty old bolts back in with all that. :eek:

Thanks for the column man. That is one of the last major parts I need for reassembly. Also, Kevin and I were looking at the splines on the end of the shaft I have out of the guts of a 60 column and it looks like the same spline as the 55 column you gave me, I think I may just need to cobble together a couple of OEM driveshaft u-joints to mate the 55 column to the 60 ps box.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
IanB said:
Thanks for the column man. That is one of the last major parts I need for reassembly. Also, Kevin and I were looking at the splines on the end of the shaft I have out of the guts of a 60 column and it looks like the same spline as the 55 column you gave me, I think I may just need to cobble together a couple of OEM driveshaft u-joints to mate the 55 column to the 60 ps box.

I should have offered. I've got 55 column ends. I always end up destroying the u-joints when I pull them apart, though. Let me know if you're missing something.