• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Blow Off Work And Go Wheelin' Run - Wed, June 27, 2007

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Damn, I won't be able to blow off work and go wheeling June 27 because - wait for it - June 22 is my last day of work at Denver Water. I'll just go wheeling with you guys and not have the pleasure of blowing off work to do it. Damn.
I'll get over it.
:cool:

Ahhhhh...so the gigolo gig is picking up eh? I am surprised but without the Santa beard I can see how your preferred career could have better chances! Good for you! ;)

Congratulations sir! You definitely put in your time! :thumb:

Last edited:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Damn, I won't be able to blow off work and go wheeling June 27 because - wait for it - June 22 is my last day of work at Denver Water. I'll just go wheeling with you guys and not have the pleasure of blowing off work to do it. Damn.
I'll get over it.

Well...you know I could always do a little database snooping and make June 29th your last day. :) Actually, would not be hard at all to just login and take care of that for ya. :eek: Just let me know if that would make the day a little more fun.

T

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Thanks guys and Tim, it would be much preferred if you could make 6/15 my last day at work. That would be very cool!

Chris

Hard Core 4+
I'll get over it.

Should us old retired guys should start looking for a job just so we can blow it off and wheel? :eek:

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Should us old retired guys should start looking for a job just so we can blow it off and wheel? :eek:

Hey, I thought you still "worked" for a living Chris. Have you cut your hours back even further? As for getting a job to blow off and go wheeling, at least let me have a week of retirement before having to make that decision, please! As Bart hasn't been wheeling since the Snow/Pizza run, he needs to get out and stretch his legs and Slaughterhouse will be good for that. AND, I will be able to stay out 'til the wee hours with Hulk and others and not have to worry about having to get up at 6:00 the following morning. Woohooo!
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Chris

Hard Core 4+
I was putting in my 5 hour days but the school year ended and I told them I wasn't coming back. :D

Now all I have to do is convince Barb to return to retirement. That shouldn't be too hard since I'll be living the good life while she plugs away at the 9-5. "Goodnight honey, don't wake me in the morning" has to wear her down. :p:

:beer: to your impending retirement Steve!

:thumb:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
You guys will have to get one of these t-shirts:
og280.jpg

They have a ton of designs!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Crash

Rising Sun Member
I'm Out

Bart puked up his transmission yesterday so I'm out. Sorry.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Well, maybe I can awake Rodney from his winter doldrums and get him to send a tranny along with the other promised parts that haven't arrived yet. That I got nearly 200K miles from this A440F is sort of amazing given the difficulties it had in the 106K miles before I bought the truck. It experienced way more heat than it was supposed to suffer - the torque converter never locked up until I installed one of Rodney's valve bodies and the previous owner's paper work indicated that the truck was a regular visitor to several radiator shops in Denver for overheating problems. C'est la vie and Rodney's Extreme tranny and torque converter will be kick ass. It has an addtional clutch pack, compared to stock, and a much lower stall speed converter so low speed engine braking will be much stronger too. It's all good. Anybody want to buy a '90 Jag XJS Roadster or a '55 Merc two door coupe? Motivated seller.
;)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
How about taking the 80? Or park the 80, ride with someone else? I'm hoping to bring the 40, should have an open seat.. :)

Crash

Rising Sun Member
How about taking the 80? Or park the 80, ride with someone else? I'm hoping to bring the 40, should have an open seat.. :)

Now that's a great offer and I thank you! Being the navigator has never appealed to me but riding shotgun in a 40 would be worth it, Tim. I'll pm or call you. As for taking the 80, it is staying as pristine as possible for as long as possible. Christo made that a part of the sales contract and he won't even sell me some step sliders. :eek:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
As for taking the 80, it is staying as pristine as possible for as long as possible. Christo made that a part of the sales contract and he won't even sell me some step sliders. :eek:

The 40 is now a "collector" vehicle. Guys will tell me that my 40 is "too nice" to start cutting up into a serious trail killer. Remember that kid that bought the really stock mid-60s FJ40 and brought it to a RS meeting, and then had everyone telling him not to lift it, upgrade it, and wheel it?

And of course, the 25 and 45 Cruisers have been collectible for years.

But this is the first I've heard of an 80 series being treated as a collector vehicle. I thought the prices had just dropped to the point where we'd start seeing lots of crudely chopped and tubed 80s.
;)

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Now that's a great offer and I thank you! Being the navigator has never appealed to me but riding shotgun in a 40 would be worth it, Tim. I'll pm or call you. As for taking the 80, it is staying as pristine as possible for as long as possible. Christo made that a part of the sales contract and he won't even sell me some step sliders. :eek:

Guess you'll have to buy a set from Jim! ;)