Blow Off Work And Go Wheelin' Run - Wed, June 27, 2007

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
BLOW OFF WORK AND GO WHEELIN' RUN (7th annual)
Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Meeting time: 1:30 p.m. Depart @ 2:00 p.m.

Since the RS meeting will be moved a week later because of the July 4th holiday, and since the Ghost Town Run is scheduled for the July 21st weekend, I am moving the annual Blow Off Work and Go Wheelin' run to late June -- we'll get a few extra minutes of daylight that way as an added bonus.

Meeting place: the new King Soopers Shopping Center
This is just off Hwy 285, a block east of where Coney Island was previously located.
KING SOOPERS
25637 CONIFER ROAD
CONIFER, CO 80433
Store Phone: 303-816-4960

Post-run pizza:
Crossroads Restaurant
16 Mt. Evans Blvd. (US-285/Pine Jct., the only stoplight on US-285.)
Pine, CO 80470
303-838-5558

What time we get to the pizza joint depends on how many people show up for the run, etc. I hope to be there by 7:30 p.m.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
i might have to try and make that one. i have a 2000 4runner with an ome lift on it and 33's. and have ran slaughterhouse a few times.
47b5d620b3127cce931c5f66b82500000016108BZtmTNm0ai

thanks tj

I would like to go but Im a newby. I have a 2000 LC 1000 pretty much stock 265 BFG AT/KO's. No lift, no sliders, . I have done some 4 wheeling and want to do more. I have been riding dirtbikes for 27 years and always see rigs on the trail and want to get into this a bit and learn from those that know what they are doing. Would my rig be capable of this trail. I would like to meet some other wheelers in the area to do some day trips with

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I think you'd be fine on this trail. I'm assuming you have a 100 series Land Cruiser.

Yes a 100 seriers , and I think I had too much coffee when I put 1000. I also own a 97 LX450 but promised the wife any wheeling would be in the 100 series, and in the past I have owned a 73 FJ40. I dont want to make it sound like I have not done any 4 wheeling, I have probally done more than most but compared to the people on this board its nothing...Most all of my time has been spent on two wheels however I have a family now and would like to be able to enjoy the outdoors with them as well.

I will plan on going if thats OK. I do have recovery gear, high lifts, shovels, straps, chains, and some other stuff. Now I cant wait!

Looking forward to meeting those that will go

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
You will be absolutely fine and be most welcome!

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Damn, this is one of my favorite runs and you scheduled it when I am in Italy :D

Isn't this real close to the fathers day run?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Father's Day is June 17. Run scheduling is tricky in July, since our RS meeting will be a week late (July 4th is a Wednesday) and the Ghost Town Run is scheduled for the same month. June 27 was the best option.

Not that it matters but my wife now has the 100 and I have the 97 LX 450,so I will still be on this run but it will be in my LX 450.

Cant wait

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
And for anyone that cannot get off work early, you can come baja the trail backwards with me to catch the group!! It's becoming an annual ritual :D

Fr¤sT

You can count me in on this run. It is always a good idea to bug out of work early to run a trail :)

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I'm in on this one. Wheelin' during the week is one of life's great and simple pleasures.....

In some odd twist of irony, June 27th is also bike to work day (big stuff up here in the Boulder area). I think I should get extra credit for choosing to skip work instead and hit the trails.....

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Well I rode my bike to work today, so I think that means I can drive on BTWD.. the two balance out?

So Matt are we still doing Slaughterhouse? Or somewhere else?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
At the moment, Slaughterhouse is still open. As long as it's open, we'll run it. Who knows -- it might be our swan song on this trail for the B.O.W.A.G.W.R.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
^Also will be my first run with Rising Sun....even more momentous.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Damn, I won't be able to blow off work and go wheeling June 27 because - wait for it - June 22 is my last day of work at Denver Water. I'll just go wheeling with you guys and not have the pleasure of blowing off work to do it. Damn.
I'll get over it.
:cool:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
lucky....I wish I could retire at 35 like you:p:

Damn, I won't be able to blow off work and go wheeling June 27 because - wait for it - June 22 is my last day of work at Denver Water. I'll just go wheeling with you guys and not have the pleasure of blowing off work to do it. Damn.
I'll get over it.
:cool: