Staff member
Tough to concentrate today. This is the view out my office window... :) :moto:

Attachments

• window_view.JPG
    window_view.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 256

subzali

Hard Core 4+
East of Rampart in that nice set of twisty trails, north-central-ish. I like that area for those days where you don't want to get THAT far out in nowhere. KDX land.

For the opposite days, 646, Devil's Slide, Noddle/Logjumper is a nice workout. Give the XR650 her legs. There is a brand new trail, Skeleton, that sounds LUSCIOUS. 100% singletrack. Tight and twisty, hours to go a mile. Might not be ideal for the Nuclear Thunderpig.

Schooled Scotty's last night. Nice lesson on momentum. Actually, going down was more scary than going up for me.

Drove to my parents house after work, rode from my parents house up Jackson Creek, changed a spark plug on a 300EXC at the gate, did 681 Scotty's, did part of 679 Dutch Fred down to old Jackson Creek/Dakan road and then back up to 679.A, crossed Rampart Range Road onto 675 Cabin Ridge, did 653 Roi Tan, had to hand-haul the bikes over a fallen tree on Roi Tan, then back on 674 Flatrock and 673 Bar back to Rampart Range Road at Flat Rocks campground, crossed the road onto 682 Overlook (fun downhill rock slab), then 683 Fern (fun little uphill rock climb), finished on 646 Arrowhead back to Jackson Creek.

4 KTMs (250, 2x300, 530), 3 Yamahas (250, 450, 650). Good stuff.

I'll see if my dad caught a picture of Scotty's on his iphone.

Need to check out that new Skeleton trail.

Oh yeah - :moto:

Last edited:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
^Trying to squeeze all your fun in before parenthood starts? ;)

FWIW you'll get your life back in about 8-10 years; worse if you keep reproducing.....:cheers:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
^Trying to squeeze all your fun in before parenthood starts? ;)

FWIW you'll get your life back in about 8-10 years; worse if you keep reproducing.....:cheers:

Something like that ;)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
"there Is Measure In All Things."

Horace
Satires, Book I, 35 B.c.

Attachments

• marco_o2sensor.JPG
    marco_o2sensor.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 202

60wag

Rising Sun Member
It looks like my laptop is getting used, great. Have you ridden it with the O2 sensor?

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Do I see an install guide for a Rekluse?

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Rode it a bunch. Initially with the 175 main jet and the needle on clip pos. 3 it ran in the 11's at cruise dipping into the 9's when i whacked the throttle. Id'le I could lean out just fine. BTW it is turn the screw IN for leaner, OUT for richer

I skipped all the way to a 160 main and dropped the needle to clip pos 2 and it still ran in the 12-13's at cruise.

Really weird.

Hey Tim, there isn't any chance the exhaust is getting blocked is there? How obvious was the packing job?

Reklus box was my left hand rear brake.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey Tim, there isn't any chance the exhaust is getting blocked is there? How obvious was the packing job?

Pretty unlikely. It's just a blanket you roll up around a perforated metal pipe, then shove it inside the larger pipe. If it was hanging down somehow on the front side it wouldn't mate with the manifold piece, and if wasn't right on the back end then the spark arrestor wouldn't bolt on. I even took before & after videos to see if there was a sound difference (hoping for quieter) and they sound almost exactly the same.

sorry, but no banana.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Oooooo - nice play with the Beverly Hills Cop reference.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I agree, you get some additional point for creativity there. banana in tail pipe was a guess...

Oh and Bruce, that computer is awesome for that sensor, it works really really well.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
You looking to become a "C loop" kinda guy? ;)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
No, my street bike days are over... at least for the time being. Just looking for my next A loop ride. :) :moto: