Bead Blasting

wesintl

RS Moderator
I have an unobtanium part that I would like to paint. Before I can do that I need to blast it. I would really like to bead blast it vs sand blast so I don't warp or pit the metal. If someone has a bead blast cabinet on the south end of town that I could use briefly sat I would really appreciate it. :bowdown:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Wes,

I have a buddy that has a cabinet that you could probably borrow. I don't know what kind of media he has. He lives right down the street from me (and he's a Cruiserhead; he's just not much of a "joiner").

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Maybe try Christo. I think he is using Beads in His cabinet, but do not really know for sure. Not on the south side, but still maybe close enough. robbie

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
how big is it? i know you probably dont want to pay tohave it done, but if its a small peice, then try media blast, they charge per minute....

wesintl

RS Moderator
it's about the size of a bezel... :p

Where is this place max... Is it a DIY?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
wesintl said:
it's about the size of a bezel... :p

Where is this place max... Is it a DIY?

You might try some aircraft finish remover (commercial paint/varnish remover) first. The paint on bezels is oven baked and tough to remove....fought with that before! :(

wesintl

RS Moderator
I figured with all the curves of a bezel it's be a royal PITA to try and use stripper.

It's a pretty solid early 40 bezel. I just didn't want to use a real abrasive media and risk screwing it up... The OEM stamped ones are hard to come by and money...

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Did Santa bring you a stamped bezel for Christmas? :eek:

wesintl

RS Moderator
Since he couldn't deliver a turbo I guess this is a decorative consolation :D

It will look nice on the 64 plus I get to remove the chrome one. Even if it is OEM bling... :eek:

UB.. i'm not really worried about getting it all the way down to bare metal from the bake but it needs the PO brush job etc taken off..

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
wesintl said:
I figured with all the curves of a bezel it's be a royal PITA to try and use stripper.

<snip>QUOTE]

" A lot of curves you bet.....and even more when you get....to the junction....." Now who here is old enough to know where that came from? :eek: :D

wesintl

RS Moderator
Thanks Christo.. I'll come up and see what we can do. :beer:

wesintl

RS Moderator
Uncle Ben said:
" A lot of curves you bet.....and even more when you get....to the junction....." Now who here is old enough to know where that came from? :eek: :D

I don't know where it came from but I think i'd be in trouble with my wife :Princess: :D :flamingo:

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Way older then me by a long shot, I think Wes determined he was 75 last week and well perserved. :D :beer: robbie

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
powderpig said:
Way older then me by a long shot, I think Wes determined he was 75 last week and well perserved. :D :beer: robbie

Guess I better change my handle from Uncle Ben to Old Codger! :rolleyes:

Sorry Wes.....I didn't even try to hi-jack this thread, it just happened....must be the alzhiemers... :confused: :beer:

Last edited:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I have a "non cabinet" model. You are welcome to come by anytime...with beer