• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Bead Blasting

wesintl

RS Moderator
I have an unobtanium part that I would like to paint. Before I can do that I need to blast it. I would really like to bead blast it vs sand blast so I don't warp or pit the metal. If someone has a bead blast cabinet on the south end of town that I could use briefly sat I would really appreciate it. :bowdown:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Wes,

I have a buddy that has a cabinet that you could probably borrow. I don't know what kind of media he has. He lives right down the street from me (and he's a Cruiserhead; he's just not much of a "joiner").

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Maybe try Christo. I think he is using Beads in His cabinet, but do not really know for sure. Not on the south side, but still maybe close enough. robbie

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
how big is it? i know you probably dont want to pay tohave it done, but if its a small peice, then try media blast, they charge per minute....

wesintl

RS Moderator
it's about the size of a bezel... :p

Where is this place max... Is it a DIY?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
wesintl said:
it's about the size of a bezel... :p

Where is this place max... Is it a DIY?

You might try some aircraft finish remover (commercial paint/varnish remover) first. The paint on bezels is oven baked and tough to remove....fought with that before! :(

wesintl

RS Moderator
I figured with all the curves of a bezel it's be a royal PITA to try and use stripper.

It's a pretty solid early 40 bezel. I just didn't want to use a real abrasive media and risk screwing it up... The OEM stamped ones are hard to come by and money...

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Did Santa bring you a stamped bezel for Christmas? :eek:

wesintl

RS Moderator
Since he couldn't deliver a turbo I guess this is a decorative consolation :D

It will look nice on the 64 plus I get to remove the chrome one. Even if it is OEM bling... :eek:

UB.. i'm not really worried about getting it all the way down to bare metal from the bake but it needs the PO brush job etc taken off..

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
wesintl said:
I figured with all the curves of a bezel it's be a royal PITA to try and use stripper.

<snip>QUOTE]

" A lot of curves you bet.....and even more when you get....to the junction....." Now who here is old enough to know where that came from? :eek: :D

wesintl

RS Moderator
Thanks Christo.. I'll come up and see what we can do. :beer:

wesintl

RS Moderator
Uncle Ben said:
" A lot of curves you bet.....and even more when you get....to the junction....." Now who here is old enough to know where that came from? :eek: :D

I don't know where it came from but I think i'd be in trouble with my wife :Princess: :D :flamingo:

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Way older then me by a long shot, I think Wes determined he was 75 last week and well perserved. :D :beer: robbie

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
powderpig said:
Way older then me by a long shot, I think Wes determined he was 75 last week and well perserved. :D :beer: robbie

Guess I better change my handle from Uncle Ben to Old Codger! :rolleyes:

Sorry Wes.....I didn't even try to hi-jack this thread, it just happened....must be the alzhiemers... :confused: :beer:

Last edited:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I have a "non cabinet" model. You are welcome to come by anytime...with beer