Argentine Pass Work Day, Saturday June 9

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Yep, that's it.
OK, I'm bringing the open Taco. Hopefully someone with lockers will be there! We probably won't venture far into the snow. Brant has a sign he wants to install, and there will be the normal cleanup. A great day in the mountains!

Thanks, all; we need a good showing.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Probably a no...I get back late Friday night, then the wife leaves early Sunday morning....but I will try and sneak out!! :)

T

Convert

Hard Core 4+
I think the :Princess: and I will be there, Chili do you need me to bring my little trailer for trash? I will need to head back to town around 2pm the :Princess: has a :Princess: party to go to.

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Can't make it afterall, just found out my grand-daughter (6 weeks) has either measles, mumps or rubella making her a public health hazard for the next 6 weeks. :eek:

Rather than confine all 5 members of the family :Princess: and I will be helping them.

Woohoo, we have the 3 and 5 y/o tonight ;)

Yes, they are at the doc now narrowing down which illness my new darling has. :thumb:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I think the :Princess: and I will be there, Chili do you need me to bring my little trailer for trash? I will need to head back to town around 2pm the :Princess: has a :Princess: party to go to.
I think we will be OK without the trailer.
I hope we have a good showing! I might get discouraged about all this trail adoption stuff! It's one thing to vote on it in a meeting, another to show up with at least a quorum.

I certainly know how life gets in the way (tell me about it!). So if a very few make it, it might be a sign that we are at (or a little past) our limit on land use?

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
What would you guys says the drive time it one way? Trying to see if I can squeeze at least a couple hours before the daughter's bday party :)

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
What would you guys says the drive time it one way? Trying to see if I can squeeze at least a couple hours before the daughter's bday party :)

It takes about an hour from Denver to get up to the trailhead. Probably less if you're not driving a 40.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
We will be there:thumb:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Well don't ***I*** feel like a doofus for worrying! :D
21 folks showed up, including a few from Colorado 4x4 (thanks guys!!); we broke into two groups, and ran pretty much the entire trail system below Waldorf! That's 168 volunteer hours, folks - not a bad showing at all!

Shorty led a group with taller vehicles, the creek crossing was up to the hood on a Rubi as I understand it. We caught up to them as they were bustin' drifts on the old wagon route above the railbed.

Had some good conversation with Brant too. There may be some opportunities for the Rising Sun SeaBees to make Bill Moore Lake rock N roll with post-n-cable coming up, if that's OK with Mile High Jeep Club if we help.

Rising Sun SeaBees. Has a ring to it. We need hats. Mebbe Treeroot can come up with an emblem steali...um, "borrowing" from the real SeaBees.:D

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Here are some pics from yesterday's Argentine clean up
I haven't seen that many "pull tab" cans in years.

thanks to everyone who showed up.

Here is the sign put up last year, we talked about maybe making a steel one that won't blow away
DSCN0731a.JPG

DSCN0734a.JPG

DSCN0735a.JPG

DSCN0736a.JPG

Here is the new sign we put up yesterday.
DSCN0737a.JPG

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Shorty led a group with taller vehicles, the creek crossing was up to the hood on a Rubi as I understand it.

Steve (owner of the Rubi) said it felt like he started to float at the creek crossing. :D

He sent me this pic as I entered but it doesn't really show the depth.

Last edited:

SCRubi

Waldorf Cleanup

You Toyota guys are a real nice bunch of people - letting some Heeps join in on the fun :thumb: I had a great time with Shorty's group. We filled alot of bags and bins with trash. The trail looks alot better now! Anyhow, those creek crossings were a little deep. Heres a good pic to Judge the crossing a little better. This is Scooter's TJ up on 37 inch rubber...

Steve~

DSCN1079.jpg

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Thats a great picture! We really do like J**ps but we won't admit it...second thought......NOT! :hill: JK....it's all good! :thumb:

You Toyota guys are a real nice bunch of people - letting some Heeps join in on the fun :thumb: I had a great time with Shorty's group. We filled alot of bags and bins with trash. The trail looks alot better now! Anyhow, (as Chris mentioned above) those creek crossings were a little deep. Heres a good pic to Judge the crossing a little better. This is Scooter's TJ up on 37 inch rubber...

Steve~

DSCN1079.jpg