• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Argentine Pass Work Day, Saturday June 9

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Come join us for a relaxing work day (I know, but compared to so many work days, these are easy, fun, and involve Snackster treats if we can get Nakman to come) at Argentine Pass.

In our adopt-a-road agreement, we signed up for at least two work days for the area per year. There have been hunter-built toilet facilities that need to be torn down and hauled out (no worries, they are not gross) so a pickup is helpful. We can also assess the area for things needing work or rerouting, more signage, and the like.

Argentine Pass is just above Georgetown and offers easy and extremely scenic four wheeling, and a great bouldery route following the creek almost to the mine area. It was the site of the Argentine Central Railroad, which used the now Georgetown Loop Trestle to climb in elevation and went all the way to the divide as a tourist route. We will explore mine buildings, and if the snow is melted enough we might even get to peek over the top of the divide into the Keystone valley area.

Bring gloves, shovels, hammers, lashing straps, a hardhat if you happen to have one, good boots, three-season clothing (maybe four season depending on the weather) and lunch and water.

We will meet at 9AM at the trailhead, on the Guanella Pass road above Georgetown. Be there or be square!

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I'll be there. Turn out 2 years ago was great, last year not so good. Please everyone make an effort to attend this one. The trail is fun and beautiful, not very difficult. Trash last year was minimal. Family members/friends count toward volunteer hours, so bring the kids along. Mine will be there.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i'll be there.

Fr¤sT

Pending that nothing is going on for me that day you can count me in too. I can either ride with xtr3m3 or bring my own truck, either or.

Down side to my own truck is it has street tires, it is not 4-wheel drive, has a 6-foot bed and is a Ford F-150...hey it was a "gift" from my parents, nothing beats a paid off truck.

But right now I am blocking that date out so count me in and let me know if my truck is needed.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+

Attachments

• RedChiliAsPurchased.jpg
    RedChiliAsPurchased.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 393

Rock Dog

Hard Core 4+
are you sure that is the same truck ? it kinda looks like an add from an early magazine... Just kidding. If i can trade out the after hours pager, i will be there.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
added to the calendar

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Cool!!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Hey y'all, don't forget the Argentine Pass work day this Saturday. Brant sent me this email, looks like cool things afoot. Be there or be square!

Hey Bill,
Got you on the schedule, Nancy Matchette from Colorado State Parks/Trails
will be joining us for the day. She and I have worked together for a few
years now and she has come through big time for us with some funding,
patrol assistance, and grant writing help. Not sure yet if we will ride
ATV's or mooch a ride from one of you guys, if possible. I have a new sign
I would like to install up near Waldorf regarding driving around snow
drifts. Hopefully there aren't too many to get up there. I will bring the
tools and the usual paper work and maybe some doughnuts if I can keep them
secret from the cops. See ya Saturday. Brant

Brant Wobig
Clear Creek RD
Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forest
Idaho Springs, CO
(303) 567-3022

With the Chili down, I considered hitching a ride up there with my mountain bike and riding back down, any takers? I would meet you at the trailhead above Georgetown. Just a thought.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I'd drag you up there Bill but Saturday is my :Princess:'s Birthday party (the big 4) so I won't be able to attend. I was looking forward to this but the daughter only turns 4 once :)

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Hey, thanks for the thought- as I consider it further, I think the Taco might be needed for haulage! Depending, of course, on the industry of last years' hunters with their need for 'permanent' toilets... ;)

I figger we have one more year of cleanout before we wear them out.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I'll be driving my 40 and will have an extra seat if anyone needs a lift. :thumb:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
If anyone has a open seat and is coming from the downtown area, I would love to join along if it's possible:beer: .

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
If anyone has a open seat and is coming from the downtown area, I would love to join along if it's possible:beer: .

Hey Perry, I'm only a few minutes from Downtown. 38 and Federal area. If you don't mind riding in a 40 I can swing down to your part of town on my way out.

:thumb:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Hey Perry, I'm only a few minutes from Downtown. 38 and Federal area. If you don't mind riding in a 40 I can swing down to your part of town on my way out.

:thumb:

Martin, thanks for the offer. Think i'll take you up on it. Will send you a pm:beer:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i won't be able to make it. i'll be dragging the raffle vehicle around to events. kbpi car show, and possibly the 4wpw sale afterwards.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
I think I'll join. I am going to camp up near there fri and sat nights. Probably Guanalla pass or clear lake fri if anyone is interested. And if I can find a spot.