Arapahoe Cyclery

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
This weekend, I visited RS member Mike Maxwell at his bicycle shop, Arapahoe Cyclery. It's really a nice store! It's one of the bigger bike shops in the area, with a lot of bikes assembled and ready for a test ride. I was impressed.

The shop is in the shopping center behind CarQuest on Broadway, right next to the big fabric store.

If you're looking for a bike, or service on your existing bike, you should talk to Mike before you wander off to another shop.

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
I contacted Mike about building a wheel for me and he was a pleasure to work with. It was very nice to work with someone local who knows their stuff. I've had my wheel a month or so now and couldn't be happier. If you are in need of a bike or bike service, I would encourage you to check Mike's shop out. :thumb:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
It's definitely a better place than, say, the Cyclery named after the city in which I live... south of Denver... starting with L...

Mike is a good guy who knows his stuff and will take care of you.

Great guy to deal with, quick repairs, and he carries the only road bikes I ride, Giant.

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
Thanks for the plugs. I have and will continue to give significant discounts to anyone I do or do not know in the Toyota community, from bikes to parts and accessories.

Bump for Mike@Arapahoe Cyclery, tons of great info. I felt my needs were met and then exceeded. Thank you for the new bicycle (in a couple of days).

Brian

fubuki

Thanks for the plugs. I have and will continue to give significant discounts to anyone I do or do not know in the Toyota community, from bikes to parts and accessories.

Mike,

Are you still going to be carrying Giant? I've been spending what little free time I have (Currently in Baghdad) drooling over the 2010 stuff from Interbike. I've got my eye on the 2010 Giant Glory 0.

Jay

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Mike,

Are you still going to be carrying Giant? I've been spending what little free time I have (Currently in Baghdad) drooling over the 2010 stuff from Interbike. I've got my eye on the 2010 Giant Glory 0.

Jay

Jay,

Good looking bike....as far as I know Mike still carries Giant. I bought a bike off him early spring this year, Mike is excellent to work with and highly recommended.

Be safe in Bagdad! Let's go wheeling when you get back :thumb:

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
Mike,

Jay

We are still heavy with Giant, even though we brought on Trek and Fisher. I rode the 2010 Glory 0 at Keystone in early August, all 37 lbs (light) of it!

I want to thank all that have patronized my shop. I have no less than 4 guys coming in from Burt (Groove) on their lunch breaks or after work multiple times a week thanks to Justin (Squishy!) and others referring people.

I will continue to give sustantial discounts to those in the club, or those that are also Toy freaks and Cruiserheads not in the club. The discounts are above and beyond what the general public would get , such as during or fall and winter promos going on right now.

fubuki

Jay,

Good looking bike....as far as I know Mike still carries Giant. I bought a bike off him early spring this year, Mike is excellent to work with and highly recommended.

Be safe in Bagdad! Let's go wheeling when you get back :thumb:

Every other vehicle over here is a Land Cruiser. If it wasn't for the oppressive heat and rocket attacks, this place might not be too bad.

Didn't you crack the frame on your 40? That's hardcore cred right there. Hope it's back up and running. We'll definitely get some runs in when I get back. Should be back in February.

fubuki

We are still heavy with Giant, even though we brought on Trek and Fisher. I rode the 2010 Glory 0 at Keystone in early August, all 37 lbs (light) of it!

Thanks Mike. I don't get back until Febraury, but hopefully I can a demo ride on one sometime next spring. Don't really need it until next summer though.

jettaglxdriver

Hard Core 4+
I need to come in an see you about clipless and shoes. I am currently just using pedals and street shoes and after my last long MTB ride my left heel hurt for days. I have read this is from pedal position/ergonomics.

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
Check the website for our fall promotions for X-Mas lay-away, or whenever! RS members get an additional discount on top of the promos. Everything is on sale, 2009 and 2010 bikes are 10-20% off before club discount, including Lake shoes at 35% off.

We have interest-free financing from 3 to 12 months as well.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Oh sure the one week I'm down south and you've got the day off.. :rolleyes:

Still a great experience though, and I think Santa figured out the right bike to get for Gavin. :thumb:

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
I am closing out all remaining Diamondback and Raleigh bikes. Mostly they are kids bikes in single gear and multispeed from 12" to 24" wheels, including BMX bikes. Great for X-mas!

The closeout prices are my cost plus 10%, which would even beat Dick's or Sports Unauthority's prices on D Backs!

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Steve (FJBRADY) and Jeff (Corsair23)!

What's better than a new bike under the X-mas tree?:thumb:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Mike are you going to be in the shop this Friday or Saturday? 12/18-19

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
Yes, both days.