• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

anyone want to go wheeling Sat the 29th

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Mr. Romer???

Come on, I was there when you got your rear bumper ripped off in Moab two years ago. We have moved past the Mr, haven't we?

Sarah can't go and likely the rest of us are going to pass, BUT depends if someone has something good planned we may reconsider.

Sorry. Don't like to push it with folks, I never know when I've moved into first name territory. I usually just play it safe, but now that I know, it'll be Ken.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Someone mentioned scenic, that would not be Slaughterhouse.

It's not scenic? Or it's harder than a "scenic" trail? :confused:

I actually think it's a great trail for folks who want to see what their vehicles are capable of, without getting into too much trouble.

It's pretty scenic. There's a great overlook about 2/3 of the way through. :)

well im in... and my rockers are already kissed... so are my bumpers... and almost everything... whatever, lets just wheel, and i wanna meet some o yall

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Just come and do Old Chinaman Gulch on the 6th :D

There is no better trail in the state to cut your teeth on a new rig, or a new setup on your old rig, or just to wear down your molars a bit :hill:

im really down for whatever... just gimme a trail that you think a semi midly built 60 can do (unlocked, but with ome, 33s, and prior body damage), directions, and tell me where last gas is before trail head, and im ready to go... o and tell me when too...

i just wanna wheel with someone... it gets lonely not having met any wheelers out here yet...

87Xota

I'm running that trail Saturday the 29th with several Jeeps from the Rockfrogs, we often have a couple of 4runners with us, but I don't think they're making this run.

We're meeting at the Burger King in Downieville, right off of exit 243 at 8am

Anyones welcome to join up with us.

Terry

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
You talking Spring Creek?
BTW, Terry and gang are the nicest bunch you'd ever care to wheel with. And part of his rig is, after all, Toyota. At least as much as some of Proffitt's Cruisers are! Maybe more so!
Wish I could go, it would be a great trail break-in run for the Chili. I'll find all the bugs (meaning, 'trim points' :lmao:)

LandBruiser

Lifted
Damn so many trails i wanna hit and so little time now. Yea I guess Slaughterhouse would be a good one just remembered alot of trees.

Nay, I am still in for OCG! Alot of people here in the D confuse me with you! I get alot of "didn't I wheel spring creek with you!" :thumb:

I have seen Rock Frogs trip report for Carnage BV. Looks like a great time! Now a dilemma on where to go. Hmmmm

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Soo, is there a consensus?

87Xota

You talking Spring Creek?
BTW, Terry and gang are the nicest bunch you'd ever care to wheel with. And part of his rig is, after all, Toyota. At least as much as some of Proffitt's Cruisers are! Maybe more so!
Wish I could go, it would be a great trail break-in run for the Chili. I'll find all the bugs (meaning, 'trim points' :lmao:)

Yep

Spring Creek is where we're goin'

Thanks Bill, none of us Rockfrogs care what you drive, heck we have a built Isuzu trooper in the club, and I use a Toyota key to open the door, and a Jeep key in the ignition, I sit in the Toyota cab, but I look at a Jeep dash. I have a Toyota frame but Cherokee front end and drivetrain.

I'm having a major identity crisis.

It's just gonna get worse too, this winter it's getting Ford 9" and HP44 axles under it.

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Nay, I am still in for OCG! Alot of people here in the D confuse me with you! I get alot of "didn't I wheel spring creek with you!" :thumb:

Uh oh, that could be a major dent in your reputation :hill:

Nice looking rig, though :D

bskey

I have rock sliders, as the previous owner installed them, but still stock otherwise.... I think I'll pass on Spring Creek until I can get the hubs overhauled, the valves tuned, some better brakes, and real tires!

Thanks though for considering me!

Chris

Hard Core 4+
How many are doing Spring Creek?

How many would like to do Slaughterhouse instead?

I'm still undecided.

:cheers:

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
I would prefer spring creek. I'm not 100% on going, but pretty sure. Sounds like a fun day!

Im up for a run as well. Been outta the RS loop for a long time and look forward to reconnecting. (Used to go by Flaco on the forum but found out that may offend some folks south a the border) Was talking with a buddy about hitting SC this weekend so add one more to the roster. Time and place Sat morning?

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
87XOTA, check the ol PM's.

i just got a flurry of info here... i dont know my creeks from my slaughterhouses, so walk me through it here... which trail was decided one? yall think a fj60 unlocked on 33s can hang? do you mind someone not so much new to wheeling, but new to wheeling with people who know what theyre doing? and i sure could use directions to places if im invited...:hill:

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
My brother and I did this trail in July. He drives a Bone stock turbo pickup on 29's. You can do it!

LandBruiser

Lifted
Gnat, spring creek is downieville exit 234 off I-70. West on access road 1.1miles turn on Alvarado road cross bridge. BUT, Everyone meets at BK and starbucks right at the exit. Correct?

Spring creek on 29's? Thats impressive