• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

anyone want to go wheeling Sat the 29th

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
The Romer caravan is thinking of wheeling Saturday the 29th of September. That's two weeks from now.

No place in mind, just thinking about it. Anyone up for a intermediate style run?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I'd take you up on it a week earlier as a shakedown run...
The 29th through the first week of October I will be in Wyoming.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I would like to, but I'll be in Nor'dern MinnesOta dat weekend, dOn'cha nooo.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Saturdays are out for me due to soccer games...And, if I can swing it I'll be over helping Chris move some boulders :)

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
I'd take you up on it a week earlier as a shakedown run...
The 29th through the first week of October I will be in Wyoming.

[hijack]Bill, I'm thinking about putting together a Spring Creek (or anywhere ese) run for that Saturday. Up for it? [/hijack]

If I can be the token new guy, I think I'll be down for a run.

What do you guys consider to be "intermediate"?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Sarah remembered she had a committment that day so we won't be going now.

LandBruiser

Lifted
Anyone else still interested? Ideas on where? I need to make an organized run. I always miss out :mad:

im down to wheel something... but im another token new guy... whats intermediate? im in a 60 with ome and 33x12.5 baja claws, unlocked, but not entirely afraid of pushing my limits (aka i have body damage already...)

LandBruiser

Lifted
Most people wouldn't call spring creek intermediate. It was the difficult trail on this years post rally run. Token as in "existing merely because expected or required, not because sincere or serving a real purpose"? Im not sure about you guys!!!:hill:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Spring Creek is intermediate, but you can make it harder depending on what lines you take in the rock garden.

bskey

I think we need to have a "token new guy" run. I have a stock '85 4Runner, but would love to see what it's capable of with some people who are familiar with the trails we are on. Something fun, close to Denver and scenic would be awesome!!

LandBruiser

Lifted
I think we need to have a "token new guy" run. I have a stock '85 4Runner, but would love to see what it's capable of with some people who are familiar with the trails we are on. Something fun, close to Denver and scenic would be awesome!!

Its only the best year 4runners were made! I dont know how many I have actually seen in person. Lets make it happen guys! I am actually a token too, im just in denial:D

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
spring creek would not be a good idea without sliders

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

I wouldn't take a new driver with a stock rig on Spring Creek.

Slaughterhouse Gulch would be a good choice -- still some thrills, but damage is unlikely. Bill Moore Lake is nice too.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
I would LOVE to go to Spring Creek.

Mr. Romer, your whole clan isn't going, or just not Sarah?

FWIW, we took a bone stock 87 turbo truck up there earlier in the year. No damage. Did not attempt the first obstacle, but made it up 2 and 3, and did not do the rock garden. Rock stacking was done then undone to get him past the bypass.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Mr. Romer???

Come on, I was there when you got your rear bumper ripped off in Moab two years ago. We have moved past the Mr, haven't we?

Sarah can't go and likely the rest of us are going to pass, BUT depends if someone has something good planned we may reconsider.

LandBruiser

Lifted
the rest of us are going to pass, BUT depends if someone has something good planned we may reconsider.

Ken is a wheeling snob!:cool: :D

Someone mentioned scenic, that would not be Slaughterhouse. Hulk and Romer are right, without sliders I would not be sure about taking that Runner up spring creek. Anyone else?

Where is 2bad Jim?